Select to view content in your preferred language

did the Electric UN assembly model has one or 3 taps?

03-15-2023 08:13 AM
DasheEbra
Occasional Contributor II

Dears I'm struggling with UN model, In the first URL Esri's says that for 3 ϕ MV Overhead Line we insert or add 3 tap features (Electric Junction - MV connection), but for the second URL as I understand Esri also says it's only one feature not 3 and the fuses or arresters connect on this single Tap (1 feature). So I want to know what is the correct one?

the following graph summarize what I mean

El_Saket_0-1678893124213.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

If you plan to use propagation for phase, then the three taps works correctly, as the Tap has the network attribute Subnetwork Tap assigned to it, which means you would assign the phase for each Tap feature.  So the image on the right is correct.  The image on the left works as well, however, you would need to assign the phase at the each fuse and not the tap.  However, if the Fuse has a terminal configuration, then this would not necessarily work correctly as the fuses would still get a ABC propagated to them, even if you set the phase on the fuses.

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
DasheEbra
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks dear, now it's clear. Another question, what is the benefit of the Attachment (Connection point) feature? as you can see from the left screenshot the Assembly is already attached on the Pole, or If I use single Tap I also can attached it on the pole so what is the point of creating Attachment feature? Is the main MV cables supposed to be connected together using the Attachment feature (Connection Point)? or is it important for some other reason?

0 Kudos
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

In our electric model that we will publish at the end of this month, I have added Crossarms as content of Connection Points.  The connection point then serves too functions, First the connection point or attachment point has attributes about the geometric mean distance of conductor separation.  Second the connection point or attachment point will contain non-spatial crossarms or insulators.

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
nimitz
by
Occasional Contributor

John,

I'm curious about the geometric mean distance of conductors. What if you have a tangent pole that has NO crossarm, i.e. ARMLESS CONSTRUCTION, 12kV, post top insulators? Is that modeled in UN?