Select to view content in your preferred language

facing an issue with creating Multiple subnetwork controllers.

Jump to solution
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
Angiex__1
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to create a new subnetwork controller and I have come across this error and how to solve this.

Angiex__1_0-1711519181031.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Hierarchical networks only allow features to belong to more than one subnetwork as long as those networks belong to different tiers. You can belong to a pressure zone and a system, but not to two different pressure zones. If 5000 were a pressure zone and DGS was a pressure system, you wouldn't receive an error. Because both of these subnetworks are the same tier they are not allowed to be interconnected like this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PierreloupDucroix
Occasional Contributor II

Hello, I think the error is explicit : you have two controllers with different subnetwork name that are connected.

Here you can find how to solve this error : https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/utility-network/water/water-subnetwork-errors/

0 Kudos
Angiex__1
Occasional Contributor

@PierreloupDucroix Since its a hierarchical type of network , why cant i be able to have two subnetworks in them? or i dont know where i am explicitly going wrong.

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Hierarchical networks only allow features to belong to more than one subnetwork as long as those networks belong to different tiers. You can belong to a pressure zone and a system, but not to two different pressure zones. If 5000 were a pressure zone and DGS was a pressure system, you wouldn't receive an error. Because both of these subnetworks are the same tier they are not allowed to be interconnected like this.

0 Kudos
MichaelParma
New Contributor III

Another thing I like to do is go back and check my subnetwork controllers were set on the correct port. It's rather easy to accidentally set a controller on Port 1 when you meant to set it on Port 2. I've inadvertently created multiple controller conflicts several times this way.