Finding connection Tolerance (define within what distance features are considered connected) - Utility Network Model

Jump to solution
08-07-2022 07:19 PM
EC1
by
New Contributor III

Hello,

Where can I find connection tolerance information/settings for the Utility Network Model? I assume I am using the correct terminology, tolerance. What I want to find is how close features can be where the UNM counts them as being connected and can this be changed?

I am using ArcPro. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

While there is a property of your spatial reference you can adjust that will do this (the XY Tolerance / Resolution), the best practices approach is considered to keep the default parameters of your spatial reference and correct your data.

Ideally this data would be corrected during data conversion or prior to loading your data and enabling your topology. There are many tools and techniques to identify nearly-coincident datasets, but one of the simpler tools I've found to identify these issues is to generate a near table and look for multiple matches within a reasonable distance (1 meter / 1 foot at most).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

While there is a property of your spatial reference you can adjust that will do this (the XY Tolerance / Resolution), the best practices approach is considered to keep the default parameters of your spatial reference and correct your data.

Ideally this data would be corrected during data conversion or prior to loading your data and enabling your topology. There are many tools and techniques to identify nearly-coincident datasets, but one of the simpler tools I've found to identify these issues is to generate a near table and look for multiple matches within a reasonable distance (1 meter / 1 foot at most).