Treatment Plant

04-05-2023 01:35 PM
Oliver_Sandoval_e
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

Has anyone or does anyone know of an organization that implemented a treatment plant into the Utility Network, not solely the boundary or point representation that currently exists, but all of the assets, pipes, valves, tanks, starting from the end of the collection system to the outflow of the plant?

Thank you for your time!

Best,

Oliver

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

I have not seen this done in a utility network before, but I have seen companies create geospatial models for the "vertical assets" in their treatment plants that could be used to create a utility network.

Oliver_Sandoval_e
New Contributor III

Thank you Robert for your response, there are a few organizations, mine included that are looking at implementing a treatment plant into Utility Network. I just wanted to for sure check if there was a precedent to follow. Someone's gotta make the first step I guess, but that's scary lol.

0 Kudos
ECurcie
New Contributor II

We are also looking to accomplish this in Riverside, CA. I'm trying to identify the schema first, since the data isn't in a GIS at all. 

MichaelParma
New Contributor III

Like others, we've had conversations with various organizations about how to best configure UN for vertical assets. The bottom line, as I understand it, is that each plant is unique so a "standard model" is highly unlikely. Essentially, each plant design will need to be custom. I welcome discussing and exchanging ideas with anyone!

-Mike Parma
Axim Geospatial

PierreloupDucroix
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

did you take a look at this post : https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/utility-network/electric-gas/implementing-the-arcgis-utili...

Not a treatment plant but still a facility with multi-domain networks

RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

There are two users presenting on this topic at the upcoming User Conference (2023): Managing Facilities & Vertical Assets with GIS

0 Kudos