Unreasonable track results in different tiers in hierarchical

Jump to solution
09-20-2023 07:07 PM
XinyingZhu
New Contributor II

Scenario DescriptionThere are two tierssystem and pressure. System tier has one subnetwork, using IsolationZone as controller. Pressure tier has two subnetworks, high-pressure and low-pressure. High-pressure use Booster as controller, low-pressure has two controller, two PressureReducing. These four controllers use the same Terminal Configuration, directional with in1 and out1 terminal. The IsConnected field of all features is True.

Phenomenon: Set the starting point on the rightmost vertical Distribution pipeline and perform upstream trace. If the tier parameter is pressure, two pressureReducing can be tracked.

trace_press.jpg

But if the tier parameter is system, the tracking result reaches the IsolationZone via only one of the pressureReducing.

trace_sys.jpg

Why is it that for the upstream trace of the system tier, two pressureReducing cannot be found? Am I not understanding the phenomenon or is there something wrong with my setup?

Also, if I simplify the un model to have only one system tier, the trace result can cover all features.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

What version of software are you using?  There was a similar issue resolved in 3.1.3 and 11.1 Patch 2, 10.8.1 Patch 11, 10.9.1 Patch 6.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
XinyingZhu
New Contributor II

Additional, if set Tier as press, and Target Tier as system. The trace result can cover all features too. I think it is appropriate.

trace_pre_sys.jpg

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

What version of software are you using?  There was a similar issue resolved in 3.1.3 and 11.1 Patch 2, 10.8.1 Patch 11, 10.9.1 Patch 6.

0 Kudos
XinyingZhu
New Contributor II

Thank you. I'm using Pro 3.0, I will upgrade it to try.

0 Kudos