Upgrade Dataset v4 to v5 - Subnetwork field name already exists

Jump to solution
04-22-2022 01:56 PM
KyleGallagher16
New Contributor III

I am attempting to run Upgrade Dataset on an enterprise electric UN from v4 to v5. Services are turned off, locks and connections are cleared, network topology is disabled, geodatabase version is 10.8.1.2.6, database connection is using the UN owner.

Below is the error I'm receiving, which when going to the error link the solution (https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.8/tool-reference/tool-errors-and-warnings/001001-010000/tool-err...) mentions finding the specific field properties required for the SUBNETWORKNAME field in the Add Tier tool documentation. Is Upgrade Dataset trying to run Add Tier as part of its process? Has anyone else ran into this before?

KyleGallagher16_0-1650660528828.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KyleGallagher16
New Contributor III

The SupportedSubnetworkName field already exists in ElectricAssembly with the properties you showed. No data is present in the feature class.

We've submitted an incident with Tech Support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Please log an incident with Tech Support.  I have not seen this issue before.

0 Kudos
KyleGallagher16
New Contributor III

Mike,

Looking at all of the existing UN v4 feature classes that have the subnetworkname field present, they all appear to have the same field properties:

Name: subnetworkname

Alias: Subnetwork name

Data Type: Text

Allow NULL: True

Domain: None

Default: Unknown

Length: 2000

The only exception is with the Structure Boundary feature class where the subnetworkname field alias is "Supporting subnetwork name". Not sure if this is what's causing the error but wanted to throw it out there.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

If a subnetwork name field is added without data, it is added with Allow Null = False.  It appears a tier was added after data, which means the subnetwork field has to be added with Allow Null = True.  So Update is expecting this field to Allow Null = False is my guess.

0 Kudos
KyleGallagher16
New Contributor III

Sorry, Allow NULL is False for all of the existing subnetworkname fields present.

No tiers were added as I'm only using the out of the box Electric Distribution Substation tier.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

My only guess is it is trying to add the SupportedSubnetwork field to assembly as allow null equal false with data.  

Assembly:

MikeMillerGIS_0-1650910877232.png

0 Kudos
KyleGallagher16
New Contributor III

The SupportedSubnetworkName field already exists in ElectricAssembly with the properties you showed. No data is present in the feature class.

We've submitted an incident with Tech Support.

0 Kudos
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

What was your solution on this with Tech Support

0 Kudos
KyleGallagher16
New Contributor III

We looked at the SDE intercept files and they pointed to the ElectricAssembly feature class, which had zero features in it and the schema was unchanged from when the UN was built. I went with the following workaround to get to UN v5:

• Export Asset Package using SDE UN as input
  • Created DB backup
  • Truncated all SDE content
  • Stage Utility Network in the SDE
  • Apply Asset Package using the exported AP from first step

Kyle

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Are you attempting this on an Enterprise GDB?  If so, is it versioned and does it have data in it(assembly class)?

0 Kudos