Utility network - non-spatial objects

Jump to solution
10-06-2023 06:49 AM
OliviaGill3
New Contributor III

I'm looking more closely into using non-spatial objects in the ESRI Utility Network but can only find examples of using the Junction object and Edge objects in the Electric solution. Are they used in the other domain solutions such as Water and WasteWater (I understand they're not available for the Gas domain) as the ESRI Utility network errors make reference to these objects and I wonder if I can just dicount these errors when dealing with a Water only domain network.

Any information is welcome.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

The latest gas, water, sewer, and storm models do not include any definitions for non-spatial objects so you shouldn't need to worry about encountering any errors with non-spatial objects unless you have added them to your model.

I have seen some utilities extend the model to represent co-located service locations using junction objects and containment, but this is not part of the standard model.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

The latest gas, water, sewer, and storm models do not include any definitions for non-spatial objects so you shouldn't need to worry about encountering any errors with non-spatial objects unless you have added them to your model.

I have seen some utilities extend the model to represent co-located service locations using junction objects and containment, but this is not part of the standard model.

OliviaGill3
New Contributor III

Thanks for the speedy response Robert. V helpful. 

0 Kudos