2.4 header control title

08-25-2011 12:23 PM
jamesdiaz
New Contributor
Hello,
with version 2.3 I was able to use the full title on the top header banner "sex offender residential restrictions" but on version 2.4 its chopping part of the title looks like this "sex offender resi...."
is their any way to make the compiled version display the full title?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
jamesdiaz
New Contributor
any ideas?
0 Kudos
KariStringfellow
New Contributor II
Hi James,

I'm having the same problem and was wondering if you managed to find a fix.  I've tried changing the title font size, but it doesn't seem to work.  I'll see a brief flash of the text size I want and then it defaults to the original...almost like it's being overwritten from somewhere else.

I'll let you know if I stumble across anything.  In the meantime...anyone have ideas???

Thanks,
Kari
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

In Flex Viewer 2.4 if you don not explicitly set the titlefont in the config.xml than the title will automatically attempt to resize to fit the title and sub title into a smaller footprint.

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/help/index.html#/Main_configuration_file/01m30000001800...

Look for titlefont under style in the above link.
0 Kudos
KariStringfellow
New Contributor II
Hi Robert,

I've tried setting the size for both the <titlefont> and <font> properties thinking this would fix the problem.  It still automatically resizes both the title and subtitle.  Sometimes on a refresh I will see the title flash the font size I've specified, but it's immediately resize.  I even tried setting to a different font...that didn't work either. Any other thoughts?

BTW...huge fan of your widgets.  I wouldn't have gotten our site up and running without them:)

Thanks for the help!
Kari
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Kari,

Hmm... You must be doing something wrong then.

Is this what you have in the main config.xml?

<style>
        <alpha>0.8</alpha>
        <colors>0xffffff,0x103c87,0x359dc6,0x294867,0xffffff</colors> <!-- My Cobalt Blue -->
        <titlefont size="18"/>
    </style>
0 Kudos
KariStringfellow
New Contributor II
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your patience.  I had <titlefont>size="18"</titlefont> instead...this is why I'm happy we're hiring a developer.

However...now I see the size adjusting properly, but my title is still getting cut short.  Instead of "Integrated Power Infrastructure Map Service", I still get "Integrated Power Infrastructure Ma...".  There's more than enough room for the title...in fact in version 2.2 it's even longer.  Any ideas if there's another setting somewhere that's restricting this?

Thanks again!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Kari,

Sure the answer to that is here:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/39860-Widget-Title-width
0 Kudos
jamesdiaz
New Contributor
Kari,
Im not a developer but managed to recompile a version that allows for a longer title. what is your email address and I will send it to you?
thanks.
0 Kudos
KariStringfellow
New Contributor II
Thank you both for your help.

James...I do need the compiled version so if you could email it to kari537@hotmail.com I would greatly appreciate it.
0 Kudos