ArcGIS flex viewer 3.1 Identify Widget

02-06-2013 06:52 AM
ManuelRodriguez2
New Contributor
I am fairly new to using custom widgets.  I have copied the compiled widget folder over and added the text the the config.xml file.  The widget loads correctly in the viewer but I can not get it to detect any features in the map at all.  Even with the  <layers onlythese="false">.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
45 Replies
AndrewIng
New Contributor
I have built a site using App Builder 3.1; added the Identify Widget from the Advanced settings but still get the same results. Code for my layer below...
<layers onlythese="false">
<layer>
            <name>Property</name>
   <url>http://198.167.37.68/arcgis/rest/services/BaseData/FeatureServer/6</url>
            <fields all="true">
   </fields>
   <links>
    <link includeinresults="false" field="" alias="" tooltip="">
     <linkprefix></linkprefix>
     <linksuffix></linksuffix>
     <iconfield></iconfield>
     <iconprefix></iconprefix>
     <iconsuffix></iconsuffix>
    </link>
   </links>
   <zoomscale>15000</zoomscale>
   <forcescale>true</forcescale>
        </layer>
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Andrew,

The issue is that a FeatureServer does not support the IdentifyTask like a MapServer does, thus your configuration is invalid. It looks like you are use an ArcGIS Online for organizations account and the only service type I am aware of that is provided is a FeatureServer so I don't know what to tell you.
0 Kudos
AndrewIng
New Contributor
I thought it might be a Feature vs Map Service issue but I couldn't find any documentation. I'll try with a Map Service. Thank you for your help Robert.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Andrew,

Version 3.1.2 now supports using AGO FeatureServer layers.
0 Kudos
AndrewIng
New Contributor
Thanks Robert, I've been reconfiguring my website to include both feature server and mapserver (dynamic) layers with no results on the Identify tool. I will now install your latest version of the tool and see what happens.
Thanks,
Andrew
0 Kudos
RosyChawla1
New Contributor
Was this problem resolved? I am having similar issues with identify widget for ArcGIS Viewer for Flex - Application Builder.

-Rosy
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Rosy,

Did you see post 10 above?
0 Kudos
AndrewIng
New Contributor
Hi Robert,
I'm still unable to get any results from the Identify widget. So I'm using ArcGIS Server 10.1 SP1, Application Builder 3.1 and have installed your 3.1.4 version of the widget using Manage Custom Widgets. I have attached the XML code for both the Config file and the Widget. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Andrew
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Andrew,

So are you not getting any results at all for any layer, or is it just the property layer that you have configured?
0 Kudos
AndrewIng
New Contributor
No results to any layer!
0 Kudos