ArcGIS Viewer 3.6 for Flex released Tuesday December 17, 2013

12-17-2013 12:11 PM
3 Replies
SveinungRaheim
Occasional Contributor
This might be a silly question, but I am quiet anxious about upgrading the viewer if it corrupts my existing ones made i flexviewer 3.5.
I have a simple arcgis server / flexviewer application builder installation on one machine.
I have added a few extensions - the excellent swipe-viewer, the bookmark-addin and measure add-in.
I have also configured my own search.

Do I have to recreate my viewers if I upgrade, or is it just to upgrade the application builder and then, voila, everything will work?
Concerning the swipe-addin - there are supposed to be no code changes between version 3.5 and 3.6.

Regards

Sveinung Bertnes Råheim
GIS-advisor
County-governor of Nordland
Norway
0 Kudos
JamesGirvan
New Contributor
I am new on the block but have had a similar question when upgrading from 3.2 to 3.6.  I made a copy of my site and converted on opening.  Everything seemed to work fine except for folder permissions that needed to match my other site.
0 Kudos
LloydHeberlie
Occasional Contributor
This might be a silly question, but I am quiet anxious about upgrading the viewer if it corrupts my existing ones made i flexviewer 3.5.
I have a simple arcgis server / flexviewer application builder installation on one machine.
I have added a few extensions - the excellent swipe-viewer, the bookmark-addin and measure add-in.
I have also configured my own search.

Do I have to recreate my viewers if I upgrade, or is it just to upgrade the application builder and then, voila, everything will work?
Concerning the swipe-addin - there are supposed to be no code changes between version 3.5 and 3.6.

Regards

Sveinung Bertnes Råheim
GIS-advisor
County-governor of Nordland
Norway

If you are compiling from source, it shouldn't be an issue provided you also have the source code for all the "non-default" out-of-the-box widgets you are using.  You will just need to compile the viewer and all the modules (widgets) and target the 3.6 version source code of the viewer.

On the other hand, if you are just using the Application Builder and do not have access to the source code for 3rd-party (community widgets) then you will have to rely upon others to update (compile) their widgets for 3.6.  When you install the newest version of Application Builder on your machine, we will give you the option to upgrade your viewer.  Naturally we cannot upgrade 3rd-party (community widgets) as we do not bundle those with the out of the box Application Builder.

Hope this helps answer your question,
0 Kudos