Attachment Relate problems

Jump to solution
09-27-2012 05:21 AM
JordanBrod
New Contributor III
In implementing the the attachment relate widget I have a had a few problems. 1. When clicking in the first window to select the table which attributes I wish to view, when I click done no related table window shows, the webpage hangs. 2. Due to the fact that no related table showing I don't know if the export to csv function is enabled or not. 3. When viewing the preview version the related tables will not come up and when hitting the close button it throws an error.  I have checked the rest page and it shows the relationships, I have checked to ensure that my fields are correct, and I have scoured the forums for similar issues looking for answers and haven't found any.  Hopefully someone can help me to correct these problems, since the tool will in theory be very beneficial to my organization.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jordan,

The issue you are having is because you are attempting to use a Flex Viewer 3.0 widget in a Flex Viewer 2.5 application...  Wow we have spent a lot of time back in forth for such a simple issue...

You can find a 2.5 version of this widget on the download site by looking for this line

If you are looking for the 2.5 Version: Get it Here

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check on this post and to click the top arrow (promote).
Follow these steps as shown in the below graphic:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jordan,

So I have a couple of questions:

1. 3. When viewing the preview version the related tables will not come up and when hitting the close button it throws an error
    Does this mean that you are talking about using my live preview site? And if so are you you going to the second link, the "Preview of related feature capability"? If you are clicking on the first link then that Feature "San Fransisco 3-1-1 Incidents" does not have any related data and thus the error message.

2. Can you post your main config.xml and your infoconfig xml file (i.e. IWT_KSPetroFields.xml)?

0 Kudos
JordanBrod
New Contributor III
Robert,

1. I don't remember which one I think I have tried multiple links, but the first popup shows a related table and then the errors follow, maybe there is no data in the table I don't know on that.

2.  The config files follow below since the attachment feature doesn't like xml files.

Thanks for your help.

Main Config:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!--
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// Read more about ArcGIS Viewer for Flex - http://links.esri.com/flexviewer
//
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
-->
<configuration>
    <title>Sign Review</title>
    <subtitle>a configurable web mapping application</subtitle>
    <logo>assets/images/logo.png</logo>
    <style>
        <colors>0xFFFFFF,0x333333,0x101010,0x000000,0xFFD700</colors>
        <alpha>0.8</alpha>
    </style>
    <!-- replace the following url with your own geometryservice -->
    <geometryservice url="http://yourserver/ArcGIS/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer" />

<!-- UI elements -->
    <widget left="10"  top="50"    config="widgets/Navigation/NavigationWidget.xml" url="widgets/Navigation/NavigationWidget.swf"/>
    <widget right="-2" bottom="-2" config="widgets/OverviewMap/OverviewMapWidget.xml" url="widgets/OverviewMap/OverviewMapWidget.swf"/>
    <widget right="20" top="55"    config="widgets/MapSwitcher/MapSwitcherWidget.xml" url="widgets/MapSwitcher/MapSwitcherWidget.swf"/>
    <widget left="0"   top="0"     config="widgets/HeaderController/HeaderControllerWidget.xml" url="widgets/HeaderController/HeaderControllerWidget.swf"/>

<map wraparound180="true" initialextent="-10815677 3902301 -10764426 3931691" fullextent="-10815677 3902301 -10764426 3931691" top="40">
        <basemaps>
            <layer label="Streets" type="tiled" visible="true"
                   url="http://yourserver/ArcGIS/rest/services/ParcelPublicAccess/MapServer"/>
            <layer label="Aerial"  type="tiled" visible="false"
                   url="http://yourserver/ArcGIS/rest/services/ImageryHybrid/MapServer"/>
            <layer label="Topo"    type="tiled" visible="false"
                   url="http://yourserver/ArcGIS/rest/services/Topographic/MapServer"/>
        </basemaps>
        <operationallayers>
          <layer label="Poles" type="feature" visible="true"
                 info="widgets/InfoTemplates/AttRelateInfoWinWidget.swf"
                 infoconfig="widgets/InfoTemplates/IWT_Signs.xml"
                 url="http://yourserver/ArcGIS/rest/services/Signs/FeatureServer/0/"/>

</operationallayers>
    </map>

<!-- widgets organized into widget containers that manage close/open etc -->
    <!-- supported layout property options: horizontal(default)|float|vertical|fix-->
    <widgetcontainer layout="float">
        <widget label="Bookmarks"         left="430" top="90"
                icon="assets/images/i_bookmark.png"
                config="widgets/Bookmark/BookmarkWidget.xml"
                url="widgets/Bookmark/BookmarkWidget.swf"/>
        <widget label="Find an address"   left="100" top="90"
                icon="assets/images/i_target.png"
                config="widgets/Locate/LocateWidget_World.xml"
                url="widgets/Locate/LocateWidget.swf"/>
        <widget label="Search" left="80" top="280"
                icon="assets/images/i_search.png"
                config="widgets/Search/SearchWidget_Louisville.xml"
                url="widgets/Search/SearchWidget.swf"/>
        <widget label="Draw and Measure" left="60" top="400"
                icon="assets/images/i_draw2.png"
                config="widgets/Draw/DrawWidget.xml"
                url="widgets/Draw/DrawWidget.swf"/>
        <widget label="Print" left="390" top="400"
                icon="assets/images/i_print.png"
                config="widgets/Print/PrintWidget.xml"
                url="widgets/Print/PrintWidget.swf"/>
        <widget label="Street View"
                icon="widgets/FrStreetView/assets/images/i_gsv.png"
                config="widgets/FrStreetView/FrStreetView.xml"
                url="widgets/FrStreetView/FrStreetView.swf"/>
        <!--<widget label="Edit Data" left="100" to="90"
                icon="assets/images/i_scissors.png"
                config="widgets/Edit/EditWidget.xml"
                url="widgets/Edit/EditWidget.swf"/> -->
        <!--
        <widget label="My first widget"
                icon="assets/images/i_widget.png"
                config="widgets/Samples/HelloWorld/HelloWorldWidget.xml"
                url="widgets/Samples/HelloWorld/HelloWorldWidget.swf"/>
        -->
    </widgetcontainer>

</configuration>

Info config:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<configuration>
    <fields>FACILITYID,POLETYPE,HEIGHT,CONDITION,OWNEDBY,MAINTBY</fields>
    <titlefield>FACILITYID</titlefield>
    <layername>Poles</layername>
   <!-- <links>
        <linkfield icon_or_text_or_img="" icon="" linkalias="" linkprefix="" linksuffix=""></linkfield>
    </links> -->
  <datefields dateformat="DD/MM/YYYY"> </datefields> <!-- field in milliseconds -->
    <zoomscale>150000</zoomscale>
  <csvsperator>,</csvsperator>
  <labels>
    <csvdefaultname>Related Records</csvdefaultname>
    <exportbtnlabel>Export...</exportbtnlabel>
    <export2csvoptionlabel>Export to CSV...</export2csvoptionlabel>
    <export2txtoptionlabel>Export to Txt...</export2txtoptionlabel>
  </labels>

</configuration>
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jordan,

Hmm... So I need to ask if you have supplied the actual files your are working with or if you put some erroneous info in here to protect your actual data? Because I believe that the text marked in red is a significant issue if this what you are actually using.

<operationallayers>
            <layer label="Poles" type="feature" visible="true"
                   info="widgets/InfoTemplates/AttRelateInfoWinWidget.swf"
                   infoconfig="widgets/InfoTemplates/IWT_Signs.xml"
                   url="http://yourserver/ArcGIS/rest/services/Signs/FeatureServer/0/"/>
        </operationallayers>
0 Kudos
JordanBrod
New Contributor III
Just protecting my data while it's not much and it would be easy to figure out I felt more comfortable removing it while publicly posting the config files.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jordan,

Does you app allow for editing of the signs? If you are not doing editing I would suggest using the MapServer instead of the FeatureServer URL. This is a little hard to diagnose this way.
0 Kudos
JordanBrod
New Contributor III
Robert,

It was doing it with the mapserver as well when I first implemented the widget I was only running the signs under a mapserver, when I saw that the type needed to be feature I changed that and that allowed the widget to start bringing up the first popup about the poles and show the related sign table but then the error would occur when trying to access the related sign table.  I tried making it a featureserver to see if that would fix it but the problem still occurred so I have tried it both ways.
0 Kudos
JordanBrod
New Contributor III
Are there any updates on this issue?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jordan,

Can you do a screen shot of the error you are receiving?
0 Kudos
JordanBrod
New Contributor III
Ok I have attached screen shots from the entire process.  Step 1 is after clicking on a point, Step 2 is after clicking on the show related button, Step 3 is the map hung after clicking the highlighting the related table and click done.  The close attachment box(which should have been named close related box) is the only thing that throws an error box, and that's produced when clicking show related and then clicking the x to close the box.
0 Kudos