Attribute Table widget in Flex 3.2

04-28-2013 02:16 PM
RamanaprasadBoyina
New Contributor
Recently, I Flex 3.2 for my web application. In my web application, I included attribute table widget. I included desired layers into the table. Everything is working fine. But the attribute table data is not total  i.e., only partial records are appearing in the attribute  table when I use the Internet Explorer. All the attribute tables are having the same problem. I also exported to a location on my C drive and checked it. Every attribute table is only with partial records. But when I tried on Google Chrome the attribute tables perfectly fine. Is it a bug? Or I am missing some thing here.
Thanks
Ramana Prasad Boyina
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Ramana:

Can you get a count of the records returned from IE (and the version of IE you are testing against)?

Have you tried testing against Mozilla FireFox?
0 Kudos
ScottMcGee
Occasional Contributor
Actually, the attribute table is behaving as it was designed. The attribute table is dynamic, meaning that it will show only the records for the features that are currently displayed on the map. So if you zoom way in and the map shows only one feature, then the attribute table will show only one record. If you zoom out so that 10 features are shown on the map, then the attribute table will show 10 records, and so on.

Here's the Help for the attribute table:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/concepts/index.html#/Attribute_Table_widget/01m30000...

Maybe you had a different map extent in Internet Explorer than you had in Chrome. That would explain the difference in the number of records shown in IE versus the number shown in Chrome.
0 Kudos
RamanaprasadBoyina
New Contributor
Actually, the attribute table is behaving as it was designed. The attribute table is dynamic, meaning that it will show only the records for the features that are currently displayed on the map. So if you zoom way in and the map shows only one feature, then the attribute table will show only one record. If you zoom out so that 10 features are shown on the map, then the attribute table will show 10 records, and so on.

Here's the Help for the attribute table:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/concepts/index.html#/Attribute_Table_widget/01m30000...

Maybe you had a different map extent in Internet Explorer than you had in Chrome. That would explain the difference in the number of records shown in IE versus the number shown in Chrome.

Thanks for the reply. As you said the problem is map extent. I set the map extent in my web application. I opened my application in IE and Chrome with the same extent. When the attribute table is on, it covers some of my features. In IE ,the attribute table is covering more features. So my attribute table is reporting fewer records. For the same extent in Chrome, when the attribute table is on, all the features are in the study extent. So I am getting all the records in the attribute table.
It is working fine in IE and Chrome except the problem I explained. But when I tested in Fire fox, my map is not displayed. Though I installed Adobe, I am getting error #2035. I also tested in  different computer on Firefox, it is not displayed I am getting the error # 2035.
It is appreciated.

Thanks
Ramana Prasad Boyina
0 Kudos
RamanaprasadBoyina
New Contributor
Ramana:

Can you get a count of the records returned from IE (and the version of IE you are testing against)?

Have you tried testing against Mozilla FireFox?

Thanks for the reply. As you said the problem is map extent. I set the map extent in my web application. I opened my application in IE and Chrome with the same extent. When the attribute table is on, it covers some of my features. In IE ,the attribute table is covering more features. So my attribute table is reporting fewer records. For the same extent in Chrome, when the attribute table is on, all the features are in the study extent. So I am getting all the records in the attribute table.
It is working fine in IE and Chrome except the problem I explained. But when I tested in Firefox, my map is not displayed. Though I installed Adobe, I am getting error #2035. I also tested in  different computer on Firefox, it is not displayed I am getting the error # 2035.
My IE version is 10.
It is appreciated.

Thanks
Ramana Prasad Boyina
0 Kudos