Basic Search 3.0 returns 500 results ALWAYS!

10-25-2012 07:18 AM
SeanGambrel
Occasional Contributor II
Hello folks,

For the past 6 months or so we've had a basic parcel mapping flex viewer in place. One of the most-used features is the ability to locate a parcel based on street address. This is done via the "out of the box" Search widget.

This has worked well for several months, but recently anytime a search is performed, 500 results are returned - and strangely always the same 500. This happened more or less out of the blue, no modifications ahve been made to the viewer in quite some time.

I have checked both the viewer config file as well as the search widget config file (see both below) and see no glaring issues. I also have opened the map that the pertinent service is based on and cannot re-create the error using the FIND tool in Desktop.
I also have restarted and re-published the pertinent service; I have also physically restarted the server. No progress.

The text of the .xml files for each are attached. We are running Flexviewer 3.0 and Server/SDE 9.31

Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Thanks in advance!
Sean
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ErickLobao
New Contributor III
I believe you need to modify the "maximum records returned" property for your services.  By default in server 9.3 it's set to 500.  This property can be set via the server manager application (yourservername/arcgis/rest/manager).  I've attached a screen capture showing what it looks like.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18735[/ATTACH]

If you want a query to return all records just set your max number returned property to a number greater than the number of records in your feature class.

This url shows a query for all records in the parcel numbers service using your rest end point.  The query is set to "where 1=1" which means it will attempt to request all records in your parcel numbers service.  Everytime I run it I get 500 records returned.

http://gis.bangormaine.gov/ArcGIS/rest/services/ParcelNumbers-Dynamic/MapServer/0/query?text=&geomet...

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rscheitlin

Sean,

I do see your issue by testing your Map Service even using gisdata.GISADMIN.PARCELDATA.PROP_ADDRS = '4 HIGHLAND CT' I still get 499 results. This is a ArcGIS Server error/Issue and will require a call to Tech Support to work through. I have seen in the past where republishing the Map Service as a whole new service (with slightly different name and all) works for big map service issues like this.
0 Kudos