Change Size of Overview Map Widget

Jump to solution
12-28-2012 05:51 AM
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Is it possible to change the size of the compiled overview map widget in the Flex Viewer application?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GISDev1
Occasional Contributor III
Here's your requested widget. I created a version for both V3.0 and V3.1

Overview Map Custom Size :

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=56bb06a6340f46aaa8b7d99c75b893e2

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
GISDev1
Looks to me like the size is declared in the OverviewMapComponent.mxml around line 605.
<s:BorderContainer id="viewBox"
                       width="250" width.collapsed="{toggleIcon.width}" height="250" height.collapsed="{toggleIcon.height}"
                       backgroundAlpha="1.0">
        <esri:Map id="overviewMap"
                  width="250" height="250"

I could switch it and re-compile a .swf for you if you don't have FB.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Thank you.

Do you know how to make this a configurable variable that could be changed in the xml file so it would not need to be recomplied every time you need to change its size, possibly for different applications?
0 Kudos
GISDev1
Thank you.

Do you know how to make this a configurable variable that could be changed in the xml file so it would not need to be recomplied every time you need to change its size, possibly for different applications?

Yes, I know how to do that.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Could you add the size of the widget as a configurable variable in the xml file and then send that recompiled swf file along with the xml showing the syntax for changing the size in the xml file?  That would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
GISDev1
Could you add the size of the widget as a configurable variable in the xml file and then send that recompiled swf file along with the xml showing the syntax for changing the size in the xml file?  That would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using Flex API V3.1 and Flex SDK 4.6?
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Are you using Flex API V3.1 and Flex SDK 4.6?

I am mostly using Flex Viewer 3.0 (built on Flex API V3.0) and I have done some preliminary testing with Flex Viewer 3.1 (built on Flex API V3.1), but I have not made any code modifications as I do not have access to Flex SDK.  This is why I was looking for a compiled OverView Map Widget where you could change the size of the widget from the xml file.

A version built on Flex API V3.0 would be more useful at the present time (more applications presently built on this platform), but if it is easier to modify this widget from build on Flex API V3.1 then that would work for me as well.
0 Kudos
GISDev1
Still working on this for you. Very odd that the Spark Border Container does not like having a bindable Number as width and height.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Very odd that the Spark Border Container does not like having a bindable Number as width and height.

Does this mean that the width and height of this widget can not be set as configurable variables in the xml file?
0 Kudos
GISDev1
Working on it.
0 Kudos