changing icon in Identify Widget for Flex 3.6

Jump to solution
02-02-2015 12:43 PM
KathrynSmith
New Contributor II

I am trying to change the icon in the results for the eSearch Widget for Flex (version 3.6). It still shows the default, despite my additions to the iconfield code (below). Any idea what I am doing wrong?

<links>

<link includeinresults="false" field="dem_url2" alias="DEM URL" tooltip="Download DEM (Post-Sandy)" popuplinktype="image"><iconprefix>http://myserver/data/images/</iconprefix>

<iconfield>demc</iconfield>

<iconsuffix>.png</iconsuffix>

</link>

</links>

Where "myserver" is my server name. The icon is in the inetpub/wwroot/data/images folder and I can access the image through my browser without issue.

I'm not sure I completely understand the config doc description for the code onlythese ="false" (under <layers>) and popuponly="false" (under <field>), so perhaps one or the other must be true? I think I tried all combinations, but any thoughts is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kathryn,

Which icon are you speaking of? The results has and icon to the far left of each result the blue circle with the white i. The links have a default icon as well a black circle with a orange arrow.

From the looks of your XML you are trying to an icon filed called demo or demc is that an actual field in your data? If you are trying just to use a static url path that is not going to change on a case by case bases of the identify results then you should put the full path to the icon in the iconprefix.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KathrynSmith
New Contributor II

Sorry, I meant Identify, not eSearch.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kathryn,

Which icon are you speaking of? The results has and icon to the far left of each result the blue circle with the white i. The links have a default icon as well a black circle with a orange arrow.

From the looks of your XML you are trying to an icon filed called demo or demc is that an actual field in your data? If you are trying just to use a static url path that is not going to change on a case by case bases of the identify results then you should put the full path to the icon in the iconprefix.

0 Kudos
KathrynSmith
New Contributor II

The icon I am trying to replace is the default black circle with orange arrow.

So, the demc.png is the filename for my icon.

Ok, I get it now. <iconfield> is the name of the field in the attribute table that would have the name of the icon image, so it can change.

But I am trying to use a static image (does not change), so

I changed the code as you suggested:

<links>

<link includeinresults="false" field="dem_url2" alias="DEM URL" tooltip="Download DEM (Post-Sandy)" popuplinktype="image"><iconprefix>http://myserver/data/images/demc.png</iconprefix>

</link>

</links>

And it works! Thanks!

0 Kudos