Copy text from reults

04-26-2011 12:24 PM
MollyAzami
New Contributor
Is there anyway to be able to copy the text-results from any of the widgets (i.e. Identify, esearch, selection...) .  I know our staff are going to want to be able to do this regularly.  They may just want to grab the value of one field or something, but none of the result grids/lists seem to be have the openness needed to copy text from them.

Is there a setting in the InfoPopWidgetTemplate?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MollyAzami
New Contributor
Well, I set the two "RichEditableText"s' editable field to true in the  InfoPopWidget and now I can select values in the pop-up info bubble...that may be good enough...

Wish I could select in in the widget boxes too...
0 Kudos
MarshallPlants
New Contributor
You can click on the text in the results pop-up window, hold and drag to highlight the text, then press Ctlr-C on you keyboard to copy the text to your clipboard.  Then go to another program such as Word or Notepad and press Ctrl-V to paste the text into the program.
0 Kudos
MollyAzami
New Contributor
yes...uh... that would be what I meant by "copy and paste", as it is commonly known...I think...

It can be done in the info-popup window, but I would like to to be available in the results tab or the grid tab of the widget window.

Also, the "<titlefield>"  is not copyable, and those would be the primary info my folk would want to grab quickly...

can this be done?  anyplace I can go in the code to make these field editable (and therefore copyable)?
0 Kudos