Copyright text displayed for operational layers, but not basemaps.

01-09-2014 08:34 AM
RobMiller
New Contributor II
Hello,

I am curious if there is an easy to way to have the copyright text for the operational layers displayed in the bottom right corner without the basemap copyright text.  I understand that the attributionvisible tag controls whether or not the copyright text is displayed, but I would prefer one to show up and not the other.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,
Rob
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Rob,

Are you using basemaps from your own server or online basemaps. If they are coming from online and you set the attribution to be visible then you have no choice but to display the copyright info. If the basemaps are from your own service then you can leave the copyright info in the service blank so nothing shows.

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
RobMiller
New Contributor II
Anthony,

Thanks for the response.  I am referring to the standard ArcGIS online basemaps accessed by setting the addarcgisbasemaps="true" in the map tag.  I suppose I am trying to find where this string exists within the source code and try to parse it based on the "|" separator, but I am having difficulty locating it.  If you or anybody else knew which file or variable this string existed in that would be a great help to point me in the right direction. 

Thanks again for the help,
Rob
0 Kudos