Drawing Tool Error

06-12-2013 10:04 PM
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
I've created my own drawing tool widget, which worked fine in Flex API 3.0/Flex Viewer 3.0, but 3.1+, it doesn't work correctly and I get this error when I place a picture marker symbol onto the map:

TypeError: Error #1006: value is not a function.
 at com.esri.viewer.managers::MapManager/drawEndHandler()
 at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
 at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
 at com.esri.ags.tools::DrawTool/map_clickFirstHandler()
 at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
 at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
 at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()
 at com.esri.ags.layers.supportClasses::LayerContainer/dispatchMapMouseEvent()
 at com.esri.ags.layers.supportClasses::LayerContainer/mouseUpHandler()

It does still place the marker symbol on the map, but I do use multipoint and I can't finish the drawing by double clicking because of this error.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
There seems to be an issue with the Flex API draw tool (or I'm doing something wrong). If you use this sample:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-api/samples/index.html#/Use_the_DrawTool/01nq00000065000000...

And use MULTIPOINT instead of point, it doesn't work the way it should. It just keeps adding new points. If you switch back to the Flex API 3.0 library it works correctly and adds points each time you click, just doesn't work correctly with Flex API 3.3 library?
0 Kudos
SarthakDatt
Occasional Contributor III
There seems to be an issue with the Flex API draw tool (or I'm doing something wrong). If you use this sample:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-api/samples/index.html#/Use_the_DrawTool/01nq00000065000000...

And use MULTIPOINT instead of point, it doesn't work the way it should. It just keeps adding new points. If you switch back to the Flex API 3.0 library it works correctly and adds points each time you click, just doesn't work correctly with Flex API 3.3 library?

Yes we have recognized this being an issue when using Multipoint drawing. This will be fixed for version 3.4 of the api.
0 Kudos
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
Ah ok cool. Do you have a release date for the Flex API 3.4?
0 Kudos