Dynamic service symbols for polygons with outlines do not draw in Layer List widget

05-13-2013 04:22 PM
MatthewGubitosa
New Contributor III
When a dynamic service with polygon symbols consisting of a 1-pt outline and no fill is used, its swatches do not draw in the Layer List widget - but draw just fine in the actual map.

Similarly they do not draw in the Mapswitcher widget.

If the same data is brought into the application from a feature layer, Layer List widget displays the symbols without difficulty.

Image below shows both types of operational layers.

Is there any solution to this problem?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24265[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Matthew,

What version of the viewer are you using? I believe this was fixed in the 3.3 API if it is the same issue I am thinking about.
0 Kudos
MatthewGubitosa
New Contributor III
Matthew,

What version of the viewer are you using? I believe this was fixed in the 3.3 API if it is the same issue I am thinking about.

The new 3.3.  Same problem in 3.2 also.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Matthew,

I had the same issue in 3.2 and I reported it to the API Team and it was fixed in the 3.3 API Which the 3.3 Viewer is using and I no longer have the issue in 3.3. Mine was a polygon with no fill and an outline width of 0.40 that was having the issue in 3.2 and now not an issue in 3.3.
0 Kudos
MatthewGubitosa
New Contributor III
Matthew,

I had the same issue in 3.2 and I reported it to the API Team and it was fixed in the 3.3 API Which the 3.3 Viewer is using and I no longer have the issue in 3.3. Mine was a polygon with no fill and an outline width of 0.40 that was having the issue in 3.2 and now not an issue in 3.3.

Interesting, the service comes from ArcGIS Server 10.0 SP5.  Perhaps the fix requires a ArcGIS Server 10.1 service to work?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Matthew,

I am not sure on that. I would not think so, but I am using ArcGIS Server 10.1 and no longer have any 10.05 servers to test.
0 Kudos
MatthewGubitosa
New Contributor III
Matthew,

I am not sure on that. I would not think so, but I am using ArcGIS Server 10.1 and no longer have any 10.05 servers to test.

I was able to test with a 10.1 service and can now confirm that the fix requires BOTH Flex API 3.3 AND a service in .ArcGIS Server 10.1
0 Kudos
NaveenKatta
New Contributor III
Hi,

I have the similar problem with outline the polygon and Polyline with SimpleLineSymbol.

Before if I query featureLayer.selectFeatures(...) I don�??t have the graphics problem but I used to get the GCOD error. So I changed the code to featureLayer.selectionColor=NaN and after the query I added graphics to polygon and polyline. Now the issue is first time I am seeing the highlighted graphic and after if I do continuously 3 or 4 times I am not seeing graphic. What might be the issue? I am using API 3.2, Viewer 3.2 and ArcGIS server 10.1.

Polygon:
var sls:SimpleLineSymbol = new SimpleLineSymbol;
sls.color=0xFFFF00;
sls.alpha=1.0;
sls.width=2;
var sfsFill:SimpleFillSymbol= new SimpleFillSymbol;
sfsFill.outline=sls;
sfsFill.style ="solid"
featureLayer.symbol=sfsFill

Polyline:
var sls:SimpleLineSymbol = new SimpleLineSymbol;
sls.color=0xFFFF00;