Edit Widget Add Features disappear

10-25-2013 04:17 AM
DanPajak
Occasional Contributor
I'm using the Flex Viewer 3.4 Edit Widget. I'm working with a point feature class that has a subtype assigned to it. When I place a new point it appears for a brief moment, the edit Widget shows a message of "adding feature", then the feature disappears. I check my feature class in ArcCatalog and the feature has clearly not been added. Do subtypes play a roll in editing in Flex? Can't seem to find any info on the subject.

Using ArcGIS Server & Desktop 10.1 sp1, Flex V. 3.4
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrianOevermann
Occasional Contributor III
I am working through a similar scenario today on a web editor/dataset that has very intermittent use.  I had this working in 10.0 and Flex 3.0 but after upgrading to 10.1 and Flex 3.4 hadn't bothered to reconnect this particular editor until now.

Check the permissions you have set for the data.  The ArcGIS Server account must have permission to edit the data.  I still had the old 'soc' user from prior versions of Server permitted, so once I rectified that situation, the features "stuck".
0 Kudos
DanPajak
Occasional Contributor
I solved the problem by dragging/dropping the feature dataset into a file gdb. Then I deleted the data in sde and dragged it back. Editing worked after that. Must have been some corruption from the upgrade process. I had similar issues with data that was part of a geometric network. Look like it's all set now.

Thanks.
0 Kudos