Editing Viewer 2.4's Pop-Up Skin

08-11-2011 08:51 AM
ChadKijewski
New Contributor
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could impart any insight regarding altering the skin of the built-in pop-up utility.  In particular, I'm trying to figure out how to remove the 'Zoom To' button that automatically appears at the bottom of each generated pop-up.  I'm going through the compiled source code now but unfortunately I can't seem to find a particular MXML that governs the popup's skin, and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
33 Replies
TonyAlmeida
Occasional Contributor II
Does anyone know how to change the color popup with out changing the header?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Tony,

Look at adding some css to the default.css in the default package folder

esri|InfoWindow
        {
            content-background-alpha : 0;
            background-color : yellow;
            background-alpha : 0.8;
            border-style : solid;
        }
0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida
Occasional Contributor II
rscheitlin.

Thanks for the replay,
I add the following code you pasted to the defaults.css and nothing changed???
0 Kudos
DianeWhited
New Contributor
Does anyone know how to change the width of the column for the output results.  I see labelwidth changes the column width for the filed name, but would like to widen the output column also.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
chuckfrank
Occasional Contributor
Does anyone know how to change the width of the column for the output results.  I see labelwidth changes the column width for the filed name, but would like to widen the output column also.

Thanks.

If you go into the PopUpRendererSkin.mxml and scroll down around the middle of the code you will see
label.width = 143;
  Change the 143 to the desired width.  In my file it was on line 174.
0 Kudos
DianeWhited
New Contributor
Thanks Chuck that did the trick.  Much appreciated!
0 Kudos
RicardoCuitiva
New Contributor
Hello,

I need to create a query, but the I need some differents fields in my Pop-Up window, because it read the fields from the XML, I need that it read these fields from other label and maybe in the same XML config.

Please help with this.

Thank you very much.

Ricardo
0 Kudos
MiguelRueda
New Contributor
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to make PopupWindow to take alternateColorItems property, but i can't do it, i'm trying to show every item that the popup shows to looks like a datagrid row using  alternateColorItems property adding this to the VGroup element that it's in the PopupRenderer.mxml class. Is something i'm doing wrong, or what is the proper way to do it?

Any help is aprecciated.

Regards,

Miguel.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Miguel,

You are editing the wrong file. You need to be editing the PopUpRendererSkin.mxml. Then you need to know if the popup is configured using the description or individual fields (these are two different code paths).
0 Kudos
MiguelRueda
New Contributor
Miguel,

You are editing the wrong file. You need to be editing the PopUpRendererSkin.mxml. Then you need to know if the popup is configured using the description or individual fields (these are two different code paths).

Hi Robert,

I'm sorry i mistyped, actually I'm editing PopUpRendererSkin.mxml. Well, i have configured the popups to use individual fields is this the problem?

This is a sample of what i'm looking to do with my popup window

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17828[/ATTACH]

Thanks,

Miguel.
0 Kudos