eLocate Tool question

Jump to solution
08-05-2015 09:37 AM
MardiGullage
New Contributor

In the eLocate widget, is there any way to control the level of zoom on a lat/long point? It zooms in beyond the resolution of my base map. And is there any way to accommodate postal codes in the address fields? At the moment, it only displays the first three characters.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mardi,

Right now this is all that is being returned from the locate results using http://geocode.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/GeocodeServer

Address = "74 E White Hills Rd"

City = "St John's"

CountryCode = "CAN"

Loc_name = "CAN.StreetAddress"

Match_addr = "74 E White Hills Rd, St John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, A1A"

Neighborhood = (null)

Postal = "A1A"

PostalExt = (null)

Region = "Newfoundland and Labrador"

Subregion = (null)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mardi,

Sure you can control the zoom scale be adding the zoomscale property to the xml (by default the widget uses 10000 as the zoomscale).

<zoomscale>24000</zoomscale>

It appears that I neglected to document this.

I don't understand this portion. Can you provide more info and/or screenshot:

And is there any way to accommodate postal codes in the address fields? At the moment, it only displays the first three characters.

0 Kudos
MardiGullage
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick response! The postal code is the Canadian version of a zip code. The format is alternatng letters/numbers and is six digits long with a space. i.e A1C 5S7 . At the moment addresses in Canada appear like this:

Address.PNG

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mardi,

Right now this is all that is being returned from the locate results using http://geocode.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/GeocodeServer

Address = "74 E White Hills Rd"

City = "St John's"

CountryCode = "CAN"

Loc_name = "CAN.StreetAddress"

Match_addr = "74 E White Hills Rd, St John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, A1A"

Neighborhood = (null)

Postal = "A1A"

PostalExt = (null)

Region = "Newfoundland and Labrador"

Subregion = (null)

0 Kudos
MardiGullage
New Contributor

Oh well. It's not really important for our puposes at this time, but in a future incarnation, it would be great to have. Guess the server is just not set up for handling postal codes. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mardi,

Glad to help. Now it is your turn to help the community by marking this question as answered. All you have to do is click the "Correct Answer" link (the one with the little green star) on the post that provided the answer for you. If the answer was not provided by one of the responders then you can mark any of the replies that you received as helpful by clicking on the "Actions" menu and choosing "Mark as Helpful"

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mardi,

Hmm. You marked your own reply as the correct answer. If that is what you intended to do thats fine, but were none of my replies at least helpful?

0 Kudos
MardiGullage
New Contributor

Sorry. My bad. I have changed it. You were very helpful!

0 Kudos