Empty Edit Window (Edit Widget, FLEX)

12-13-2010 08:02 AM
PaoloTovar
New Contributor
I've been modifying the Flex View for my own purposes and one of the capability i need is Editing.
I added the Feature Service which has a Versioned polygon file but when i go to edit it the Editor Window is completely blank and i can't edit any data. 

I created a couple of Templates but those don't show up in the window.  I have no idea what i'm doing wrong.  I've also confirmed that the Geometry service link works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
TylerWaring
Occasional Contributor II
Thanks Jon,
         I did everything you suggested but the problem still persists. The permissions on the feature dataset are set for the user in the map project right? I assume that if I can edit in the map project then everything is set up with regard to the editing template. Or is there something further that I need to take into account regarding permissions when editing via a map service?
Thanks, Tyler
0 Kudos
JonFisher
New Contributor III
Typically if the data is in SDE the permissions are set in ArcCatalog as to which users/accounts have edit access, then in the mxd you choose which user to connect to the data as. You're right that if you can edit the data in the mxd but can't edit it later on the problem is probably elsewhere (your map service configuration, the web map you're using to edit it, etc.).
0 Kudos
TylerWaring
Occasional Contributor II
OK
For some reason using the computer IP was problematic for the feature server. When I tested with the fully qualified domain name we were up and running. Thanks everyone.

Tyler
0 Kudos
AuraRamos_Lora
New Contributor II
I changed the mxd by msd and the edition works perfectly, what I realized is that the URL showing here does not lead me nowhere I get the following error HTTP Status 405 - HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL 😞 
Help me please

I'm not able to edit  ... and I do not know how or where I can change the url  :confused:[ATTACH=CONFIG]19117[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
JonFisher
New Contributor III
I changed the mxd by msd and the edition works perfectly, what I realized is that the URL showing here does not lead me nowhere I get the following error HTTP Status 405 - HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL 😞 
Help me please

You will need to work with your system administrator for the server who should know how to change the URL to a fully qualified domain name. As others have noted simply using the machine name or IP (as you have it set up) will not work. I'm not a server admin myself so I don't know the details of how mine made the change.

Jon
0 Kudos
AuraRamos_Lora
New Contributor II
I share my error: only I had to change MapServer  by FeatureServer in the config  within the tags:

<operationallayers>

je je je sorry  😞
0 Kudos
RinatSolorzano_Palero
New Contributor
Hi everyone,

I'd appreciate some help with my issue, I'd want to add the edit widget to my project but even i have configured my layer as Feature and added Edit Widget in config.xml, the layer doesnt appear as a layer inside Edit Widget. But the problem goes farther, if I open my TOC Widget and make some action like "Move up" or "Move Down" with the layer I want to edit, it appears inside edit widget and only after them, I can edit. But if I close edit widget, next time I open it, even the layers has already appeared, I can't edit my layer and i have to open again TOC Widget, do some action with "Move up" or down, and after that, i can edit my layer.

I dont want to open TOC widget everytime i want to edit some layer

Please, im using flex viewer 3.1, and i cant figure out a solution.

Thnks in advance

Rinat S.
0 Kudos
WilliamFrament
New Contributor
I have a flex map version 3.4 that I have two feature services. When using IE9 and trying to edit either feature the edit feature template is blank. If I open the same site in FireFox and try to edit either of the feature services the feature templates show up and work fine. If there are any suggestions out there as to what's causing this it would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos