Enhanced Draw Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-05-2010 02:27 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

As promised I will continue to convert (most of) my old 1.x widgets to Flex Viewer 2.1.

Here is the next one my enhanced draw widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=91a0014160fc4a9caadc2c7fd7089c1b
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
53 Replies
AlexJones
New Contributor II
Robert,

Nevermind. I did read your rant on the 2.2 and feel the same way. I also spent a good amount of time on this. Are you planning on incorporating the save/load into the 2.2 version?

Thank you again.

Alex
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Alex,

Yep already running on my site right now. http://gis.calhouncounty.org
I have enhanced their drawWidget again to get it back where mine was. I just need to do a little more testing before I release it.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

The new version is now available. If you have yet to rate this widget please do so.

2.2   * Is basically a redo of this widget starting with the FlexViewer 2.2 version of the draw widget and then backed out some localization code to make it where I could use the same code base for the 2.1 and 2.2 compiled versions. All my additional functionality was added back to the base draw widget. So basically no new improvements except for those the esri introduced, like moving, rotating, scaling graphics.
0 Kudos
AlexJones
New Contributor II
Saying "Thank you" was too short for the forums and was not valid due to needing at least 10 characters. So... Thank you.
0 Kudos
MarshallPlants
New Contributor
Robert,

Good work on adding the ability to label points using different projections.  All of my data is State Plane but most of my users don't understand that and they want Lat-Lon, so now they have it.

I have two issues.

One - after measurements are turned on, any point added still has measurements even after they have been turned off again.  This is only a minor inconvenience, but a bug nevertheless.

Two - the DMS label uses '' for minutes and ' for seconds and I always use the reverse of that, ie ' for minutes and '' for seconds.  I changed this in my mxml file and you might have had a reason for doing it that way, it just seemed backward to me.

Enough complaining.  I must repeat, GREAT WORK!!!

Marshall
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Marshall,

Thanks for reporting these bugs. They have been fixed in Version 2.2.2.
0 Kudos
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III
Robert -- Great improvements to an already wonderful widget.

I wanted to make a few modifications and have spent the past 6 hours messing with it, getting about a 33% success rate.  Being a complete noob to Flash or any other programming, I have been attempting many things on my own in order to learn.  Various co-workers have been stopping by and telling me to give up!!!  So here I am....

First, I am attempting to add NAD38 CONUS to the list of point units.  I simply added
<pointunit abbr="nad83dd" wkid="104223">Decimal Degrees (NAD83 CONUS)</pointunit>
for decimal degrees, and it... works.  Should this work or am I missing a huge step?

If the above is wrong, this next one is probably way off...

Second, I'd like to add the DMS version of the above.  In looking at your code modifications in the xml and mxml, I am making a rather large assumption.  Since I cannot find reference to any of your default "abbr" values other than "wgs84dms" in the mxml, that is the only value that is used.  It also appears that the //Compute degrees, minutes and seconds: code is just a general conversion, not tied to any specific GCS or Projection.  I just changed the abbr value to "alldms" and made the same change to my xml for both the wgs84dms and my new nad83dms abbr values.  Is this completely wrong?

Last -- is there ANY way to add decimal places to the Decimal Degrees text (show measurements)?

Thanks much!!
--Adam
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Adam,

1. Yes it is that simple
2. Your way is fine but you could of just added abbr="wgs84dms" to what ever WKID that is returning decimal degrees
3. Is only doable right now in the code.

<mx:NumberFormatter id="numFormatter"
       precision="2"
       useThousandsSeparator="true"/>
0 Kudos
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III
Thank you much!

I was looking for something, anything, to format the DD decimal places....

Funny -- I found something else to ask.  Right above the precision format for the numberformatter -- the geometry service -- is this URL overridden by the one we place in the xml?

--Adam
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Adam,

Yep the default value is suppose to be overwritten by the config file. Are you not experiencing this behavior or are you just confirming?
0 Kudos