Enhanced Draw Widget Functionality

Jump to solution
02-01-2013 05:15 AM
JustinFultz
New Contributor III
Robert,

I was curious if you had any plans to incorporate the real time measurment functionality that is in the standard draw widget at 3.1 into your enhanced widget. I prefer your enhanced version, and it will continue to be my go to draw widget, but would love to see the real time functionality in the future if possible.

Thanks for all of the work you put into these widgets! They are great!

Justin
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Justin,

Sure here is the new version. As with ESRIs version the live measure only functions with geographic or web-mercator maps though.

Version 3.1.2 - 2/7/2013
* Includes all the standard draw widgets features that are new in the 3.1 release of the viewer.
* Added a halo option for text drawn on the map.
* Added more localization options for text used by this widget.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
33 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Justin,

Sure here is the new version. As with ESRIs version the live measure only functions with geographic or web-mercator maps though.

Version 3.1.2 - 2/7/2013
* Includes all the standard draw widgets features that are new in the 3.1 release of the viewer.
* Added a halo option for text drawn on the map.
* Added more localization options for text used by this widget.
0 Kudos
DennisAllen
New Contributor III
Robert,

Why will the real-time measurements not work with other projections?

I just got off the phone with esri customer support a few minutes ago and the person I was working with was unaware of this and was unable to help me.

That is when I found this thread.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Dennis,

Because the clientside re-projection ability is only capable of handling web-merctor or geographic.
0 Kudos
DarrellAllen
New Contributor II
Robert,
     You said for the live measure feature to function the map needs to be geographic or web-mercator.  Does that mean the data itself or just the WKID needs to be set?  I have all my data in a State Plane projection and have been trying to get the eDraw live measurements to function.  I have set the WKID to several different flavors of geographic, UTM, and web-mercator with no avail.

Thanks,
Darrell
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Darrell,

The map itself has to be in web mercator or Geographic. It is the fact that the client machine only have the ability to project on the fly client side if the MAP is in web mercator or geographic.
0 Kudos
DarrellAllen
New Contributor II
Robert,
     Thanks for the help.  I just set my map document that creates my main base layer to Web Mercator then recreated the service.  It seems to work but will be checking it out to make sure my measurements are correct.  I did not set a WKID in the config.xml, since the first layer Flex hits is this base layer, thus setting the coordinate system for the viewer.  My other layers/services remained in State Plane Feet.  I set the WKID in the eDraw .xml to reflect the Web Mercator WKID.

Thanks,
Darrell
0 Kudos
JustinFultz
New Contributor III
Robert,

I am getting the following error when trying to show measurements (coordinates) for a point using the enhanced draw widget version 3.2:

[FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]. URL: /project?f=json&outSR=102629&inSR=102100&geometries=%7B%22geometryType%22%3A%22esriGeometryPoint%22%2C%22geometries%22%3A%5B%7B%22x%22%3A%2D11091257%2E652817877%2C%22y%22%3A4247181%2E400014186%7D%5D%7D"] messageId="6E9EE6A6-A484-AED2-E526-336525DDFEDF" type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

I would appreciate any ideas you migth have on this.

Thanks!

Justin
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Justin,

Are you using an old eDrawWidget.xml file (from a previous version)? What version is the ArcGIS Server geometry service you are using?

Now that you are back on your thread maybe you can mark it as answered from the first time I assisted you here. Follow Step 1 in the graphic below:

0 Kudos
JustinFultz
New Contributor III
I have this widget in a 3.1 application. I'm guessing this could be the issue since it's 3.2, right? Sorry I didn't catch that earlier.
0 Kudos