Enhanced Search Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-25-2010 02:13 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All Here is my next widget in the FlexViewer 2.1 series

Special thanks to Erwan Caradec for contributing to this code.

The Enhanced Search Widget extends the standard search widget with a floating data grid and a new spatial query w/buffering.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
DustinKosmach1
New Contributor II
Dustin,

I am still struggling to reproduce your issue with the viewers url getting added to you link. Unless I can reproduce it, it will be hard for me to diagnose and resolve...

Im not sure if it is related or not, but in the datagrid, the hyperlink field has NA added to the front and back of the link.  I also tried another layer and the viewers URL is still being added.
0 Kudos
DustinKosmach1
New Contributor II
I did some further testing and it appears to be something with my map services.  I added your widgets to the default ESRI 2.1 viewer and everything works just fine.  I add my one business layer, and I am able to search, but the hyperlink still adds the working folder to the URL, but the other hyperlinks work just fine.  I really have no idea where to being looking to fix this.
0 Kudos
MelissaPrindiville
New Contributor III
Will the Enhance Search Widget work with the FlexViewer 2.2?  I can't seem to get it to work.

VerifyError: Error #1014: Class com.esri.viewer::BaseWidget could not be found.

at flash.display::MovieClip/nextFrame()
at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/deferredNextFrame()
at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/update()
at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/moduleCompleteHandler()
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Melissa,

Nope you will have to wait for the 2.2 version. As esri updates their viewer they sometimes make significant or minor changes to the core widget code that will require each version to have their widgets re-compiled.
0 Kudos
DustinKosmach1
New Contributor II
I figured out the problem.  I added linkprefix="http://" linksuffix="" to the field and linkfield lines and everything is working.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Version 2.2 released

Version 2.2
* Contains a FlexViewer 2.1 and 2.2 compiled version
* REALLY Fixed Issue with linkprefix in datagrid not getting cleared when new search results are issued.
* Completely reworked the way Spatial Searches are done (Thanks to Erwan).
* Added ability for layer to have multiple different SQL Expressions.
* Added Export to tab delimited text as well as comma separated value.

Make sure you read IMPORTANT configuration Changes.pdf
0 Kudos
DustinKosmach1
New Contributor II
Will your enhance draw and identify widgets need any tweaking?  Im plaing with this right now, so Im just curious.  and BTW
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Dustin,

The Enhanced Draw widget is being completely re-written using esri's new draw widget as the base.

The Identify widget is going to be released in version 2.2 very soon.
0 Kudos
DustinKosmach1
New Contributor II
Ok.  Thanks for all the hard work and doing this for everyone.  I do a fair amount of coding in VBA and some minor batch scripting, but this whole flex thing completley different from anything Ive done in the past.  Using all this shared code makes my life sooooo much easier.
0 Kudos
DustinKosmach1
New Contributor II
Having a problem with the code.  When I try to open the search widget I get 2 errors.  The first one is an unable to compile error on the searchwidget.mxml.  I just deleted the special character after the word copyright at the beginning of the code and that fixed the error.

The 2nd one is on exportbuttonskin.mxml.  The error is unable to resolve assets/images/i_save.png.  I tried replacing the file in the assets folder and its still there.  the only places it is referenced is on line 192.
0 Kudos