Enhanced Search Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-25-2010 02:13 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All Here is my next widget in the FlexViewer 2.1 series

Special thanks to Erwan Caradec for contributing to this code.

The Enhanced Search Widget extends the standard search widget with a floating data grid and a new spatial query w/buffering.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
JonFisher
New Contributor III
Quick question: is it possible for the gridview to be the default view for results when a user does a search (as opposed to them having to click on the green button to open it)? Or do I need to use the modifications that let you have datagrid open via the URL?
0 Kudos
SandeepTalasila
New Contributor III
Hi Jon,
Thanks for responding. I have tried <defaultselectionoption> in my XML but its still doing the same.
I have tried commenting few lines and its working, but initially its not highlighting the graphical search state when it loads but displays later after performing some operation.
currentState="graphicalInput"
----
//defaultSelectionOption = configXML.defaultselectionoption || "graphicalInput";
//currentState = defaultSelectionOption;
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sandeep,

With out modifications to my code the defaultselectionoption in the SearchWidget.xml work fine. Once you have changed code in my widgets I can not guarantee anything...
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jon,

Your request is not currently possible but is now added to the enhancement request list.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Philipp,

ESRI seems to have an issue with domains and pre ArcGIS Server 10, so if you are using Server 9.3 than that is the issue.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Ashley,

I can only support the most current version which is 2.3.1. Your question about version 2.1 is WAY to many versions ago.
0 Kudos
StuartBlumberg
New Contributor II
Hey Robert,

So far I am loving this widget.  If I want to search for a single date what expression should I use in the .xml.  Also, would it be possible to search by date range?  Thanks!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Stuart,

SQL for searching by dates are specific to the underlying database. So are you talking a SDE map service using SQL Server or Oracle, or maybe a file GeoDb?
0 Kudos
StuartBlumberg
New Contributor II
I am working with a File Geodatabase.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Stuart,

In that case, than the expression would be "datefield = date 'yyyy-mm-dd'" This is straight out of the ArcGIS Desktop Help.
0 Kudos