Enhanced Search Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-25-2010 02:13 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All Here is my next widget in the FlexViewer 2.1 series

Special thanks to Erwan Caradec for contributing to this code.

The Enhanced Search Widget extends the standard search widget with a floating data grid and a new spatial query w/buffering.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Another update to fix these issues:

Version 2.4.0.13 - 11/2/2011
  * Fixed issue with using existing buffer point and use existing draw graphic not enabling
    unless the eSearch is open before the graphics of those widgets were drawn.
  * If you select a graphical draw tool and do not draw a graphic and then switch to text search
    the draw tool is still active and tooltip is displayed. This has been fixed to disable the
    draw tool when switching away from the graphical search view.
  * When closing the widget if a buffer graphic is on the screen it's graphics layer will be
    hidden like the other graphics layers.
0 Kudos
BrianMorgan
New Contributor
Robert,

I need to configure the widget to allow users to search with special characters, specifically a single quote.  Right now the widget reports an error when I attempt this.  I have already performed quite a few customizations to the code, so it would be best if I could just update the code I have.  Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks so much for all of your hard work on this, I think it is the best widget out there!

Brian
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Brian,

Does typing two single quotes work? If so I can look at doing a regexp on the supplied query in the next version.
0 Kudos
BrianMorgan
New Contributor
Robert,

Typing two single quotes consecutively works, but if there is any separation between them it returns the unable to complete query operation error.  Thanks for your quick response!

Brian
0 Kudos
RichardDiaz
New Contributor III
Robert,

I am using the latest eSearch version 2.4.0.13, and I have been getting the following error when accessing domains in a search:

ArgumentError: Error #2025: The supplied DisplayObject must be a child of the caller.
at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/getChildIndex()
at mx.managers::SystemManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::rawChildren_getChildIndex()
at mx.managers::SystemChildrenList/removeChild()
at mx.managers::ToolTipManagerImpl/destroyToolTip()
at mx.managers::ToolTipManager$/destroyToolTip()
at widgets.eSearch::SearchWidget/fnCreToolTip()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()
at mx.controls::ComboBox/dispatchChangeEvent()
at mx.controls::ComboBox/close()
at mx.controls::ComboBox/dropdown_changeHandler()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()
at mx.controls.listClasses::ListBase/mouseUpHandler()
at mx.controls::List/mouseUpHandler()

I tried the demo that you had published and am getting the same result as seen on the attached image.  The error is sporadic in nature.  Sometimes it occurs on the second search query, then sometimes its does not but will occur later during the session.  Any ideas?  I am using AGS 10, SP1.  Flex SDK 4.1.0 (build 16076), AGS API 2.4-2011-07-25.

Regards...Rick
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Richard,

Weird... What version of Flash Player are you using? I just tested my demo site multiple times using FireFox 7.0.1 and IE 9.0.8112.16421 and neither displayed this issue... I am using Flash Player 10.3.183.7

EDIT Just updated to Flash Player 11.0.1.152 and still no error
0 Kudos
RichardDiaz
New Contributor III
Robert,

Using IE 8.0.6001.18702, Flash Player WIN 10,3,183,10.  Then I saw "DeBug player" - DOH.  I thought I removed the debug on this laptop and installed the normal production version.  My Bad.  Tested on another two production workstations and have not had any problems yet. 

Rick
0 Kudos
KennethMorris
New Contributor
Robert,

Great product, you have successfully solved multiple problems with one high quality widget.

I am currently trying to dig through the uncompiled mxml documents to find where I can limit the user's search ability.

Ideally I would only provide the user with a select by point capability, or possibly a select by drawing a rectangle as well.

Do you have any suggestions on where I should be focusing my efforts to accomplish this?

- Rick
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Rick,

There is no configuration option for disabling certain graphical search button as you have figured out but you can simply locate the MXML Group with the id of graphicalInput and add:

visible="false"
                          includeInLayout="false"
to the particular mx images (graphical Search Buttons) that you do not want shown. Make sure you don not try this for the eDrawBtn or the pBufferBtn to disable those just set them to false in the SearchWidget.xml

<enabledrawgraphicbutton>false</enabledrawgraphicbutton>
    <enablebuffergraphicbutton>false</enablebuffergraphicbutton>
0 Kudos
CaitlinBernier
New Contributor
Hi Robert,

I am working in the latest version of the FlexViewer (2.4) with the latest version of the Enhanced Search widget (2.4).  I have a process where I use the text search to select an address from our address points feature class.  I zoom the the location of the address point and then select the parcel that it belongs to.  Then I want to buffer and select all of the parcels within 500 feet of the selected parcel and export those records to a csv.  I have the enhanced search widget setup and working and will do all of these things except when I use the spatial search, I get only a buffer, it does not actually select the parcels.  Is that the expected behavior? Do I have a setting wrong?  Please let me know if I am unclear about any of this.

Other than this one issue, this widget is very good and I thank you for your efforts.

Caitlin Bernier
0 Kudos