Enhanced Search Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-25-2010 02:13 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All Here is my next widget in the FlexViewer 2.1 series

Special thanks to Erwan Caradec for contributing to this code.

The Enhanced Search Widget extends the standard search widget with a floating data grid and a new spatial query w/buffering.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
James,

No that is actually why it is called fixed datagrid.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Kurtis,

Thanks for the heads up on these issues.

Version 2.5.0.5 - 12/8/2011
* Fixed relates button not showing up unless you first do a text search.
* re-enabled the polygon and polyline graphical search abilities.
* When "enable multi-part graphics" is selected and then the Search button is pushed
  the graphical searches draw tool is now turned off. Meaning after you click search
  you will have to choose a search geometry type button to perform another search.
* If using the Fixed Datagrid and a relate is chosen then the relate tab is activated.
0 Kudos
jamesmullen
New Contributor II
James,

No that is actually why it is called fixed datagrid.

LOL, I get that, I would just like the datagrid to show up docked, and then slide away if I'm messing with the map to preserve real estate.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
James,

Ya, some one else requested the same. But the whole reason I created the fixed datagrid was for those who wanted the datagrid to always be visible in a fixed location. If you are wanting to conserve screen real estate than you should stick with the floating datagrid and just close it when you are not using it. Currently I just don't have any plans for making the fixed datagrid auto hide.
0 Kudos
SimonMorgan
Occasional Contributor III
Simon,

You should win a prize for this. Some how you choose the one programmatic path that I missed a step in. Because you were using a layer with multiple relates and you did not define specific return fields for any of the relates the oid was not getting passed to the query... Anyway I have it fixed and will get it released ASAP. Thanks for using my new feature and helping me fine tune it.

Version 2.5.0.4 - 12/7/2011
* Fixed a relate query error that only occurred in certain situations

Much obliged Robert. Thank you very much for all of your hard work!!!
0 Kudos
jamesmullen
New Contributor II
Totally understand Robert; thanks for all you do for us!
0 Kudos
jamesmullen
New Contributor II
One last thing, in graphical search, in 2.5 I'm only seeing point and rectangle, but your online sample shows line and polygon as well.  Is there a switch that I'm missing?  My 2.4 implementation has all the choices, but my 2.5 does not.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
James,

Did you update to 2.5.0.5?
0 Kudos
jamesmullen
New Contributor II
I did; does the 2.4 config xml work, or do I need to change anything?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
James,

Every time there is a new release you need to check the documentation to see if there was a change to the configuration files. Yes there has been changes since 2.4.
0 Kudos