Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part II

04-19-2012 08:03 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I am pleased to announce the next release of my eSearch Widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

Version 2.5.1.7 - 4/19/2012
* Added ability to search (flat/standalone/no geometry) tables.
* This time all Zooming uses the same scaling (popup, datagrid, widget results, zoom to all).
* Added Relates icon/button to datagrids so that you can click on it in the datagrid to
  open relates choice dialog.
* Move all skins to a skins package for cleaner organization.
* Links that are not associated with a field now work.
* Ability to disable the relates tab in the fixed widget is now configurable.
552 Replies
ronaldmcfarlane
Occasional Contributor
Yes, here is the structure.  Using 2.5.1.7f with the correct structure, it works.  Using 2.9.0 and 3.0 it doesn't.  Using the same structure as below, "layers" works fine in both 2.9.0 and 3.0, but only if I comment out "tables".

<tables>
  <table>
   <definitionexpression></definitionexpression>
   <enableexport>true</enableexport>
   <name>My_tbl</name>
   <url>http://My.org:8080/ArcGIS/rest/services/CMER/DfcSitesVal/MapServer/1</url>
   <expressions>
                              <expression alias="Advisory Group" textsearchlabel="Search by Advisory Group Acronym:">
     <values>
      <value prompt="Example: RSAG" userlist="BTSAG,ISAG,RSAG,UPSAG">AdvisGrpAcronym = '[value]'</value>
     </values>
    </expression>
   </expressions>
   <titlefield>Proj_Name</titlefield>
   <fields all="false">
    <field name="Proj_Name" alias="Project Name" gridfield="true"/>
    <field name="AdvisGrpAcronym" alias="Advisory Group" gridfield="true"/>
    <field name="AdvisScienceGroup" alias="Advisory Science Group" gridfield="true"/>
    <field name="ResearchApproach" alias="Research Approach" gridfield="true"/>
    <field name="RuleGroupName" alias="Rule Group Name" gridfield="true"/>
    <field name="Study_Topic" alias="Study Topic" gridfield="true"/>
    <field name="RegionName" alias="Region Name" gridfield="true"/>
    <field name="ProjPhase" alias="Project Phase" gridfield="true"/>
    <field name="LnkTarget" alias="Document Link"  hyperlinkgridfield="true" hyperlinkaliastext="Document Link" hyperlinkgridfieldonly ="true"/>
   </fields>
   <links>
    <link alias="Document Link">
     <![CDATA[{LnkTarget}]]>
    <icon><![CDATA[assets/images/i_pdf2.png]]></icon>
    </link>
   </links>
  </table>
</tables>
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Roland,

Hmm... Try downloading it again I recompiled the source again to re-build the SWF.
0 Kudos
ronaldmcfarlane
Occasional Contributor
I replaced all files and folders except SearchWidget.xml; when I click on the widget it bounces up, a gold line appears beneath it and that is all.  The widget window does not appear.  If I comment out "tables" it works.  I've simplified tables to eliminate the hyperlinks and it still does not work.
0 Kudos
MichaelHanna
New Contributor
Robert -

I have been configuring the Enhanced Search widget for use in my company's webservices and have a question.  I like the ability to define a hyperlink field as part of the data grid, but there doesn't seem to be a way to define a hyperlink for the info pop-up.  The grid is great for wide text searches or for spatial searches, but if my field guys know the data record they specifically want to reference then it would be easier for them to open the hyperlink from the info window.

Am I being dense - I have been through the documentation several times and I know the hyperlink functionality is there in the stock "Search" widget with Flex Viewer.

Thanks,
Michael Hanna
Middlesex Water Company
0 Kudos
EdinZametica
New Contributor
Robert,
I did update their applications to version 3.0 FlexViewer, use your perfect Enhanced Search Widget version 3.0.
The widget works great, grid is great, the uncompiled version can not find where I change his position. Currently at the center, I need the bottom.

Greeting
Edin Z.
0 Kudos
SladeBridges
New Contributor II
Robert,
i have probably a stupid question but here goes, in the search widget it pulls from a service thereby returning a numeric value when called from our system such as a Sub Type Code, is there any way to configure it so it returns the coded value like the Identify widget does? i know that the Idnetify widget does not use a service to return values. i have attached a screen cap of the two widgets on the same feature. Notice the Sub Type Code Field on each.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15399[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Robert -

I have been configuring the Enhanced Search widget for use in my company's webservices and have a question.  I like the ability to define a hyperlink field as part of the data grid, but there doesn't seem to be a way to define a hyperlink for the info pop-up.  The grid is great for wide text searches or for spatial searches, but if my field guys know the data record they specifically want to reference then it would be easier for them to open the hyperlink from the info window.

Am I being dense - I have been through the documentation several times and I know the hyperlink functionality is there in the stock "Search" widget with Flex Viewer.

Thanks,
Michael Hanna
Middlesex Water Company

Michael,

Hyperlinks for the popup are just called links in the eSearch. They are pretty simple to use and highly configurable:
<links>
<link alias="REST Services Directory">
<![CDATA[{URL}]]>
<icon><![CDATA[assets/images/i_camera.png]]></icon>
</link>
</links>

You write the name of your field (in curly braces) that you will use for the link in the CDATA block.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
I am using the same config file that worked with the enhanced search tool in version 10 of ESRI.  Now in 10.1 everything seems to work except that when i hit enter or run the search nothing at all happens.  What could be the problem, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike,

Hmm... I have not seen this behavior.. I will have to do more testing with 10.1 servers.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Robert,
I did update their applications to version 3.0 FlexViewer, use your perfect Enhanced Search Widget version 3.0.
The widget works great, grid is great, the uncompiled version can not find where I change his position. Currently at the center, I need the bottom.

Greeting
Edin Z.

Edin,

Widget positioning has more to do with the whole Flex Viewer than this particular widget. All you need to do is reffer to the Flex Viewer documentation here:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/concepts/01m3/01m30000001w000000.htm
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Robert,
i have probably a stupid question but here goes, in the search widget it pulls from a service thereby returning a numeric value when called from our system such as a Sub Type Code, is there any way to configure it so it returns the coded value like the Identify widget does? i know that the Idnetify widget does not use a service to return values. i have attached a screen cap of the two widgets on the same feature. Notice the Sub Type Code Field on each.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15399[/ATTACH]

Slade,

When you go to the REST Services directory for this Map Service layer is the coded domain listed?
0 Kudos