Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part II

04-19-2012 08:03 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I am pleased to announce the next release of my eSearch Widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

Version 2.5.1.7 - 4/19/2012
* Added ability to search (flat/standalone/no geometry) tables.
* This time all Zooming uses the same scaling (popup, datagrid, widget results, zoom to all).
* Added Relates icon/button to datagrids so that you can click on it in the datagrid to
  open relates choice dialog.
* Move all skins to a skins package for cleaner organization.
* Links that are not associated with a field now work.
* Ability to disable the relates tab in the fixed widget is now configurable.
552 Replies
AndyCowx1
New Contributor
Andy,

This thread is dealing with the Enhanced Search Widget and not the OTB Search Widget. But to answer your question what you are attempting can not be done with out writing code to handle the Query of two specific REST endpoints and then more code to handle displaying the results of both querys.

Robert,

That's what I figured. Was kinda hoping that the Enhanced Widget might offer that functionality.

No biggie.

Andy
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Andy,

I know this isn't exactly what you are after, but the eSearchWidget will let you configure multiple expressions and values within it.

Would probably be cleaner to just have a dropdown on the eSearchWidget to pick the desired layer/search rather than two separate widgets.

R_
0 Kudos
ChrisA
by
New Contributor III
Chris,

It is hard to tell, you might have removed something that is needed in the eSearchWidget.xml file. Can you search your PC for the eSearchWidget.xml file and zip it and attach it for review?

Thanks Robert. I attached the xml file for your review.

Chris
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Chris,

Seems like you sent me the wrong file (right name and all), but this one is unaltered from the original that is included in the download and does not contain any of your changes.
0 Kudos
ChrisA
by
New Contributor III
Chris,

Seems like you sent me the wrong file (right name and all), but this one is unaltered from the original that is included in the download and does not contain any of your changes.

Sorry about that.  Here's one I modified.  I removed all layers but one, added my attributes and removed the tables. 

Thanks,
Chris
0 Kudos
JonFisher
New Contributor III
Hi,

I just upgraded to the FlexViewer 3.1 and installed the new eSearch widget 3.1.6. I'm hoping to use the non-fixed setup (as I have in the past), but I can't get the grid to show up at all. Here's my app using Robert's default config file (which doesn't show the grid either): http://maps.tnc.org/coredata_new/index.html?config=esearch.xml

And here's the app pointing to my own data (still no grid): http://maps.tnc.org/coredata_new/

Do I have something configured wrong, or did the widget switch to only working with the fixed setup?

thanks,

Jon
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jon,

You simply forgot to change the <floatorfixed>fixed</floatorfixed> to float.
0 Kudos
JonFisher
New Contributor III
Jon,

You simply forgot to change the <floatorfixed>fixed</floatorfixed> to float.

That did it, thanks! I'm not sure how I missed that, I must be even more tired than I thought...
0 Kudos
AaronMielke
New Contributor III
Robert,
Am I missing something or is there not a compiled version of the Enhanced Search Widget version 3.1.6?  Any chance you could post a compiled version.

Thanks,
Aaron
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Aaron,

Yes you are definitely missing something. On the download page you need to scroll down to the Code Attachment                                        eSearch.zip  Download
0 Kudos