Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part III

04-30-2013 03:58 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is a new thread to post questions and discuss the Enhanched Search Widget. The old thread was getting too long.
Tags (2)
776 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Thomas,

I am not sure where that comes from. I suggest you open a incident with the ArcGIS Server team as this is a serer error.
0 Kudos
MattShetzer
New Contributor
Robert,

I'm trying to selected a date range with the esearch widget off of a single field.  I might be trying to do something that wasn't intended.

When entering each search statement separately, everything works, however, when together, I receive an error.

<value prompt="Expire Date: Search on or after date: [ Example 07/03/13 ]"  isvaluerequired="false" autosubmit="false" operator="AND">expire_dat >= '[value] 00:00:00'</value>
<value prompt="Expire Date: Search on or before date:[ Example 08/12/13 ]"  isvaluerequired="false" autosubmit="false" operator="AND">expire_dat <= '[value] 00:00:00'</value>

A problem occurred while parsing the configuration file widgets/eSearch/eSearchWidget.xml
Error #1090

Is there a work-around to this, or did I miss something?

Thanks for all your help !!!!
Matt Shetzer
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Matt,

The XML does not like when you use the greater than or less than symbol in your XML as those mean something to the XML parser. You need to esacape the Less Than with &lt; and Greater Than with &gt;
0 Kudos
MattShetzer
New Contributor
Perfect !!!  Thanks for all your help Robert !!!
Matt

Matt,

The XML does not like when you use the greater than or less than symbol in your XML as those mean something to the XML parser. You need to esacape the Less Than with &lt; and Greater Than with &gt;
0 Kudos
HenryUnderwood
New Contributor II
Henry:

Can you add a new field to your layer's datasource that has this information already concatenated so you can use Robert's eSearch widget with one field so it is not so awkward for the enduser?

Yes, I definitely don't want to implement this with two boxes so I will make a new field. I was only hoping to avoid this because in our environment the feature is rarely available for editing/locks.

Thanks,

Henry
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Is the datasource you are updating from SDE?

Even if it is not, do you have multiple environments so you can test this modification in a testing environment while your production environment is still up and running.  Then once you have implemented this successfully in your test environment you can make changes in the production environment where you alert endusers that the service is not available while it is being updated so there are no locks on the data.
0 Kudos
MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III
Any suggestions on Titles/Captions for links of images?

Robert,

Is it possible to include a caption or title for each link? I have 4 photos looking each way at rail crossings that display fine, but I would like each of them to be labeled (see attachment below). I've gone over the documentation and I'm not seeing anything that will facilitate this. Am I missing something?

Code (snippet of the links area):
                <field name="PicForwardLink" alias="Pic Forward" visible="false"/>
                <field name="PicRightLink" alias="Pic Right" visible="false"/>
                <field name="PicBackLink" alias="Pic Back" visible="false"/>
                <field name="PicLeftLink" alias="Pic Left" visible="false"/>
            </fields>
            <links>
  <link alias="FRA Rail Crossing Site" disablelinksifnull="false" disableinpopups="false">
      <![CDATA[http://safetydata.fra.dot.gov/OfficeofSafety/PublicSite/Crossing/Crossing.aspx]]>
      <icon><![CDATA[assets/images/FRA.png]]></icon>
  </link>
  <link alias="Looking Forward" includeinresults="true" field="PicForwardLink" disablelinksifnull="true" disableinpopups="false" >
      <![CDATA[{PicForwardLink}]]>
      <icon><![CDATA[assets/images/w_link_U.png]]></icon>
  </link>
  <link alias="Looking Right" includeinresults="true" field="PicRightLink" disablelinksifnull="true" disableinpopups="false" >
      <![CDATA[{PicRightLink}]]>
      <icon><![CDATA[assets/images/w_link_R.png]]></icon>
  </link>
  <link alias="Looking Back" includeinresults="true" field="PicBackLink" disablelinksifnull="true" disableinpopups="false" >
      <![CDATA[{PicBackLink}]]>
      <icon><![CDATA[assets/images/w_link_D.png]]></icon>
  </link>
         <link alias="Looking Left" includeinresults="true" field="PicLeftLink" disablelinksifnull="true" disableinpopups="false" >
      <![CDATA[{PicLeftLink}]]>
      <icon><![CDATA[assets/images/w_link_L.png]]></icon>
         </link>                
     </links>

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25305[/ATTACH]

Thanks for all your great code......
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Michael,

There is currently nothing in place for what you are after. I will add this to the enhancement request list.
0 Kudos
MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III
Kinda what I thought. Thanks Robert!

Michael,

There is currently nothing in place for what you are after. I will add this to the enhancement request list.
0 Kudos
BoCastillo
New Contributor
Robert,

I would like to customize the "popups" but I can't locate the code for it. It seems to be in a different place than the 2.5 version. Can you tell me where the code is to control the "popups" of both from the "search results" and selecting a result on the map?

Thanks,
Bo
0 Kudos