Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part III

04-30-2013 03:58 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is a new thread to post questions and discuss the Enhanched Search Widget. The old thread was getting too long.
Tags (2)
776 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
TdE_Zaragoza,

I will have a look and see how it fits into the UI design. I will have to consider the Logic of how to determine if the field is a text of numeric field and adjust the comma separated selection results accordingly and then ensure the SQL statement that was provided does include a SQL 'IN ()' statement. I have been considering something like this though, so thanks for the component. Did you write this component or does credit need to be given to another developer in the code?
0 Kudos
GeorgePapamihalakis
New Contributor III
Hi I am using the Flexviewer 3.3 and I ive added the attribute table on the bottom of the screen but it is not getting populated with any data. I'm getting results that I search for in the eSearch widget box but I don't see anything in the lower box. What am I missing?
0 Kudos
GeorgePapamihalakis
New Contributor III
NVM, figured it out. My gridfields were not set up.
0 Kudos
GeorgePapamihalakis
New Contributor III
Well ok I do have a question...I want the eSearch widget to only display certain fields but then I want the search results window to display all of them. Is there anyway to do this?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
George,

No that is a feature in my IdentifyWidget but it is not a configurable option in the eSearch.
0 Kudos
RichardHudson
New Contributor III
Robert,

I'm using the For_AppBuilder3.4 version of eSearch, and successfully selecting the features - but cannot get the datagrid to appear. I've defined <autoopendatagrid>true</autoopendatagrid>, and the fields desired in the datagrid have gridfield="true" (hopefully in the proper location in the attached .xml).

If you have the opportunity to review, I'd be greatly appreciative - on top of my great appreciation for your other widgets that our users enjoy.

Sincerely,

Rick Hudson
Mobile County, AL
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Rick,

App Builder does not support Layout widgets which is what the Fixed Datagrid is. So you will have to manually add the Fixed Data grid widget to the main config.xml yourself using a text editor program like Notepad. Instructions for doing this are in the fixed datagrid pdf included in the download zip file.
0 Kudos
RichardHudson
New Contributor III
That was the ticket, Robert! Thank you, again, for your generosity in both creating the widgets and helping us users.

Sincerely,

Rick
0 Kudos
GeorgePapamihalakis
New Contributor III
Ok, I am having a problem trying to set my query up right. I am trying to search by Block and Lot, here is what I have

<expression alias="Find Parcel" textsearchlabel="Seach by Block and Lot" isvaluerequired="true">
                    <values>
                        <value prompt="Example: Block 101" isvaluerequired="true" operator="AND">(BLOCK) = ('%[value]%')</value>
                        <value prompt="Example: Lot 1" isvaluerequired="true" operator="AND">(LOT) = ('%[value]%')</value>
                    </values>
                </expression>

I had LIKE instead of = before but on some searches like Block 101, Lot 1 it would turn up anything that had 101 in the block and 1 in the lot. Block 101, Lot 1 does show up in that list. When I have the = in there, I do not get any results.

What am I messing up here?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
George,

try this:
                <expression alias="Find Parcel" textsearchlabel="Seach by Block and Lot" isvaluerequired="true">
                    <values>
                        <value prompt="Example: Block 101" isvaluerequired="true">upper(BLOCK) LIKE upper('[value]%')</value>
                        <value prompt="Example: Lot 1" isvaluerequired="true" operator="AND">upper(LOT) LIKE upper('[value]%')</value>
                    </values>
                </expression>

If this is not what you are after, then be more specific on your requirements.
0 Kudos