Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part III

04-30-2013 03:58 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is a new thread to post questions and discuss the Enhanched Search Widget. The old thread was getting too long.
Tags (2)
776 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Ben,

That is the intended current behaviour. Are you saying that you would like to see it consistant one way or the other? If so which way?
0 Kudos
DanKlenjoski
New Contributor II
Dan,

When you download the widget it come in a zip file that has folders, pdfs, and a text document. in the folder called For_AppBuilder3.4 there is another zip file, that is the zip file you should be adding to App Builder through the Advanced Settings > Manage Custom Widgets dialog.

Thanks Robert.
0 Kudos
BenScott1
Occasional Contributor
Ben,

That is the intended current behaviour. Are you saying that you would like to see it consistant one way or the other? If so which way?

Personally, it seems cleaner if the graphic you use for the search disappears when it is run, regardless of whether you have buffered the graphic or not.

Cheers,
Ben
0 Kudos
YasarKorkmaz
New Contributor III
Is there a way to add "select from current selection" method (in addition to the new selection, add to the selection and remove from selection) to this widget?
Thanks,
Yas(h)ar
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Yas(h)ar,

This is not something that is supported by the API or the ArcGIS Server currently so I would have to figure out all the selection and sub-selection and how many trips to the server that would involve... I am not saying that it will not appear in a future release but it is not something I can easily add to the widget.
0 Kudos
LixinHuang
Occasional Contributor
We are trying to position the floating Data Grid to the lower right corner of the map in order not to block the map contents in the center which is default position of floating Data Grid. We made a fex changes to the "showGridResults" function in the source code. After we did that, we found that nothing popped up aftwer clicking the Data Grid View button. did we do something wrong? The lines of codes shown in red are those we made the changes. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
private function showGridResults():void
{
 try{
  if(gridFields.length == 0){
  showMessage("No Datagrid configured for this layer", false);
  return;
 }

if(floatorfixed == "float"){
  if(!floatDG){
   floatDG = new SearchWidgetFloatDG();
   floatDG.x = map.width - floatDG.width - floatDGRightOffset;
   floatDG.y = map.height - floatDG.height - floatDGBottomOffset;
   PopUpManager.addPopUp(floatDG,map,false,PopUpManagerChildList.POPUP)
   PopUpManager.bringToFront(floatDG);
  }else{
  ... ...
0 Kudos
LixinHuang
Occasional Contributor
I figured it out by myself. The lines of codes shown in red are the codes I added to the original source code to make the floating Data Grid pop up in the lower right corner of the map.
... ...
    if(!myfloatdg){
        myfloatdg = new SearchWidgetFloatDG();
        PopUpManager.addPopUp(myfloatdg,map,false,PopUpManagerChildList.POPUP)
        PopUpManager.centerPopUp(myfloatdg);
        var popupWindowX:Number = map.width - myfloatdg.width - floatDGRightOffset;
        var popupWindowY:Number = map.height - myfloatdg.height - floatDGBottomOffset;
        myfloatdg.move(popupWindowX, popupWindowY);
    }else{
... ...

We are trying to position the floating Data Grid to the lower right corner of the map in order not to block the map contents in the center which is default position of floating Data Grid. We made a fex changes to the "showGridResults" function in the source code. After we did that, we found that nothing popped up aftwer clicking the Data Grid View button. did we do something wrong? The lines of codes shown in red are those we made the changes. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.  
private function showGridResults():void
{
 try{
  if(gridFields.length == 0){
  showMessage("No Datagrid configured for this layer", false);
  return;
 }

if(!floatDG){
   floatDG = new SearchWidgetFloatDG();
   floatDG.x = map.width - floatDG.width - floatDGRightOffset;
   floatDG.y = map.height - floatDG.height - floatDGBottomOffset;
   PopUpManager.addPopUp(floatDG,map,false,PopUpManagerChildList.POPUP)
   PopUpManager.bringToFront(floatDG);
  }else{
  ... ...
0 Kudos
JayGeisen
New Contributor III
Upon upgrading my ArcGIS Server to 10.2 yesterday, I noticed that now one of my search expressions (in the eSearch widget) doesn't work. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed anything like this after upgrading. The SQL query is:

ADDRESS LIKE (replace('[value]%',' ','%')) OR STREET LIKE '%[value]%'

This query allows one to type in "100 Main", for instance, and get the record for "100 S Main St". After the upgrade, I now get the following error when using this search:

[RPC Fault faultString="Unable to complete operation."
faultCode="400" faultDetail=""]

We're still using the same SQL Native Client (2008 R3) on our server machine, for what it's worth. It's strange because this ceased working right after the upgrade. I wouldn't think changing ArcGIS Server would affect how the query works. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jay,

Have you verified that the layers id number did not change when the upgrade occurred or have to SPECIFICALLY checked that the field names are still the same in the REST service directory?
0 Kudos
JayGeisen
New Contributor III
I have, Robert. Nothing has changed. In fact, if I change the query to this, I don't get the error.

ADDRESS LIKE '[value]%' OR STREET LIKE '%[value]%'

But then I lose the ability to type in "100 Main" and get "100 S Main St". In this case, the user has to type in "100 S Main" to get the desired record. While not a huge issue, it was working flawlessly before the 10.2 upgrade.
0 Kudos