Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part III

04-30-2013 03:58 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is a new thread to post questions and discuss the Enhanched Search Widget. The old thread was getting too long.
Tags (2)
776 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Bart,

That is an option in the eSearchWidget.xml and covered in the configuration.pdf.

Set keepgraphicalsearchenabled to false.
0 Kudos
J_B__K_
New Contributor III
Omg, I´m so sorry! I´ve read the pdf many times, but haven´t noticed this tag...

Thank you for "kick"!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Bart,

Not a problem. Let me know if I can do anything to make things clearer in the Docs.
0 Kudos
MicahVan_Maanen
New Contributor II
Robert,
Thank you for all of your work in keeping the widgets up to date. 

I am in the process of upgrading my flex site to 3.5 and am having a minor issue with the Enhanced Search.  The search runs properly, but the parcels are not highlighting like they do on the Calhoun County example (see attachment).  I have gone through my eSearchWidget.xml file line by line and compared it to the original in the download, and I can't seem to find the field that would turn on this feature.  I also read through the entire configuration pdf document and I couldn't find anything in their either.

Thanks for your help.

Micah

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29828[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Micah,

Check that the layer symbology for your parcels layer is actually polygon symbology and not line symbology.
0 Kudos
MicahVan_Maanen
New Contributor II
The parcels are polygons and the geometry type listed in the ArcGIS Services Directory shows esriGeometryPolygon.  Or is there somewhere else I need to look to verify this?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Micah,

I am talking about the symbology tag in the layer tag in your eSearchWidget.xml.

<layer>
            <symbology>
                <simplelinesymbol color="0x448ccb" alpha="0.8" width="2" />
            </symbology>
        </layer>
0 Kudos
MicahVan_Maanen
New Contributor II
Ok, thanks for the clarification.  I don't have any symbology tags for the layer.  The only symbology listed is near the bottom of the eSearchWidget.xml file in a symbols section.

Do I need to use the symbology tags in the layer in order for them to show up?  When I zoom in I can see the symbology fine, it's only when the map is at the full extent that they are not showing up correctly. 

</labels>
<symbols>
        <simplefillsymbol color="0xff0000" alpha="0.3">
            <outline color="0xff0000" alpha="0.8" width="2" />
        </simplefillsymbol>

<!-- You can have one or the other, either simplemarkersymbol or picturemarkersymbol 
            defined for your point results NOT BOTH. picturemarkersymbol will override 
            simplemarkersymbol if you do not have it commented out. -->

<simplemarkersymbol style="square" size="12" color="0xff0000" alpha="0.5" 
            xoffset="0" yoffset="0" angle="0"> <outline style="solid" color="0x000000" 
            alpha="1" width="1"/> </simplemarkersymbol>

<!--  <picturemarkersymbol url="assets/images/i_search.png" height="30" width="30" xoffset="0" yoffset="0" /> -->

<simplelinesymbol color="0xff0000" alpha="0.8" width="2" />

</symbols>
</configuration>
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Micah,

OK now that explains it. You need to set this

<removeserchlayersminmaxscale>true</removeserchlayersminmaxscale>

In the newer eSearch widgets it respects scale dependency that is set for that layer.
0 Kudos
MicahVan_Maanen
New Contributor II
Robert,
That fixed it!  Thanks!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Micah
0 Kudos