Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part III

04-30-2013 03:58 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is a new thread to post questions and discuss the Enhanched Search Widget. The old thread was getting too long.
Tags (2)
776 Replies
RichHammond
New Contributor
Hi Robert,
Long time user, first time question poster. Your search tool is absolutely crucial for our mapping applications. Thank you so much for all of your hard work, and the countless hours you must spend fielding these questions. I just upgraded to 3.6.5, and noticed the new reduced footprint for the export options. I noticed now though that when saving the files, the extension is no longer included for the file. In the past, selecting CSV made ".csv" appended to the file name. Now, nothing is appended, and the user must include the file extension otherwise it gets saved as a unknown file type. Same for text. Is there a new setting in the XML that I'm overlooking to set this?

Also, we have many people using your tool, and I'm always getting questions about added functionality. Just wondering if any of these features are likely to be added anytime soon:

-Export to shapefile
-Export to KML
-"Select from Current Selection" selection method.

Again, thank you for all of your time and effort.

-Rich Hammond
GIS Team Leader
WaterAtlas
University of South Florida
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Rich,

Thanks for reporting the file extension bug. I will release 3.5.6 ASAP to fix this issue. As far as the enhancement questions, exporting to shapefile and/or KML. I have no plans for this type of enhancement (I will continue to support my Flex Widgets, but my focus has shifted to JavaScript, so major enhancement like that are not likely). I currently don't support select from current selection as it is not supported by ArcGIS Server like the add and remove are.
0 Kudos
RichHammond
New Contributor
Thank you very much Robert. I look forward to seeing what you put out for the JavaScript environment.

Take care,
Rich
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

A new version is available:

Version 3.6.6 - 5/22/2014
* Fixed URL Query Bug when a search is made and no results are found.
* Fixed csv and txt file extension bug in Fixed datagrid export.
0 Kudos
JuliaGalindo
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I have been using the different versions ArcGIS viewer for flex, now I am using the 3.6 version. I have been able to use part of the Enhanced Search Widget in different projects.
Now I have a File GDB with a feature class and a related table in a web mapping service. I want to query a record from the table and then see the related feature class in the map. I know it is possible using this widget. But I can�??t get the same functionality as the example. 
What I did:
I queried the SF incident  layer, by incident date (using the example date), then selected one record and check the Incident Priority Service Request, then selected from the Incident Priority Service Request table, the record to see the feature.
Then I did the same in the ArcGIS viewer for flex, without look. These are the steps I followed:

1. I saw the example http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer3.6/index.html?config=config-eSearch.xml&esearch=2&slayer=3&e....
2. Checked the functionality.
3. Downloaded it  and copy to a folder with other widgets
4. Went to the ArcGis Viewer for Flex/settings/advance settings/manage custom widgets
5. Erased the old Enhanced Search Widget
6. Added the new Enhanced Search Widget
7. Created a new application, add an base map from ArcGisOnLine
8. Added the widget
9. Previewed to see the functionality.

Additionally, I have a question, in order to obtain the record and the feature class both should be present in the widget, right? I can not only call the table.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,

Julia
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Julia,

So are you saying that you can not get the "SF incident" search to work once you have added the widget to your instance of app builder, or are you saying you are having trouble getting your data to work similarly?
0 Kudos
JuliaGalindo
Occasional Contributor
Julia,

So are you saying that you can not get the "SF incident" search to work once you have added the widget to your instance of app builder, or are you saying you are having trouble getting your data to work similarly?

Hi Robert,

Yes I am saying I cannot get to work the SF Incident (I didn�??t change a thing).  I downloaded the source code (master branch) from GitHub just to compare with the files downloaded in the zip file. I realized I didn�??t have the file named �??SearchWidgetRelateFloatDG.xml and .swf�?� I really don�??t know if that could be my problem.
Unfortunately I can�??t see if that is the problem, since I don�??t know how to work with flash builder to compile the source code.

Thank you very much for the help!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Julia,

OK, I have a couple of issues that I need to clear up for you.

1. If you are using app builder than you have no need to get the source code from Github (as you don't have flash builder).

2. App Builder does not support managing UI widgets, which the fixed datagrid is. So you will have to add the fixed datagrid to your apps main config.xml manually.

The default eSearchWidget.xml is expecting the fixed datagrid because of this part of the xml <floatorfixed>fixed</floatorfixed>. You can get this to work in the App Builder preview if you change that to "float" instead. But if you want your app to look like my live preview site than you will have to add the fixed datagrid manually. You will find the SearchWidgetFixedDG.swf and xml in the widgets folder under eSearch of your app.
0 Kudos
JuliaGalindo
Occasional Contributor
Julia,

OK, I have a couple of issues that I need to clear up for you.

1. If you are using app builder than you have no need to get the source code from Github (as you don't have flash builder).

2. App Builder does not support managing UI widgets, which the fixed datagrid is. So you will have to add the fixed datagrid to your apps main config.xml manually.

The default eSearchWidget.xml is expecting the fixed datagrid because of this part of the xml <floatorfixed>fixed</floatorfixed>. You can get this to work in the App Builder preview if you change that to "float" instead. But if you want your app to look like my live preview site than you will have to add the fixed datagrid manually. You will find the SearchWidgetFixedDG.swf and xml in the widgets folder under eSearch of your app.

Robert,

¡Thank you very much!, problem solved!

Regards,

Julia
0 Kudos
ThanhThai
New Contributor II
Hi Robert,

We recently upgraded the eSearch to version 3.6.  There seems to be an issue with the Result Table not displaying the Date Type fields correctly; it is displaying a series of numbers with extra zeros at the end, instead of the actual date.  Please see the GPS Date column in the Result Table  vs. the popup in the attached screenshot. Could you please review and then advise? 

Thanks,

Thanh
0 Kudos