Error: "bin-debug/index.html" not found (ArcGIS Viewer for Flex3.0/Flash Builder 4.6)

Jump to solution
08-17-2012 12:38 PM
HakimAbdi
New Contributor II
Hello everyone,

I'm giving a try at compiling the latest version of ArcGIS Viewer for Flex. I downloaded the source code for ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.0 and tried to compile it with Flash Builder 4.6. I've been following the steps in (http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/help/index.html#//01m30000001q000000). I selected the default SDK (currently "Flex 4.6.0").

Everything goes well until I try to verify the setup of the Viewer by running it. The instructions say that a browser window will open and the Flexviewer application will be displayed but I first get an vague error message stating "Errors exist in required project(s): FlexViewer. Proceed with launch?". I hit "Proceed" and I get a "Launch Failed" window that says "File not found: file:/C:/flashbuilder46/FlexViewer3/bin-debug/index.html". I scoured the internet but I've been unable to find a solution. This is a similar issue to (http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/19823-Starting-the-Flex-Viewer-2.2-from-Flex-Builder), the only difference is that my html-template folder is present in my FlexViewer3 directory.

Any help in solving this is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Hakim
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HakimAbdi
New Contributor II
I've figured out what the problem was. There were some files missing in the "src" directory so I copied the everything over and that worked. Please disregard this inquiry.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HakimAbdi
New Contributor II
I've figured out what the problem was. There were some files missing in the "src" directory so I copied the everything over and that worked. Please disregard this inquiry.
0 Kudos
RobHawkins
New Contributor
I'm afraid I am also getting this: and would love to know what files were missing
0 Kudos
JohnDriessen1
New Contributor
I'm also receiving this error using Flex 3.4  Where can I find a copy of the missing index.html file?  I've tried re-downloading several times and even trying Flex 3.3 API and still get the same error.
0 Kudos