error when adding secure service to Flex Viewer without token

07-02-2013 12:22 PM
JonFisher
New Contributor III
Hi,

In the past I've been able to add a secure service to the Flex Viewer and it would prompt the user to log in. While I've been using tokens and applications secured with IIS recently, I now have a simple app with one secure service and I'd like the credentials to be passed on directly.

However, when I add the secure service to my app (version 3.3), I don't get prompted to log in, and just get an error message instead:
"Conservation Projects (sensitive) layer failed to load: Fault code: 499

Fault info: Unauthorized access

Fault details: "

I've tried using the app builder rather than xml, and after logging in I can see the layer, but once I switch to the preview tab I get an error (the same "failed to load" message plus Channel.Security.Error). I'm hosting this app on the same server that is working fine with tokens, and my crossdomain.xml file hasn't changed. I've also tried both a public-facing 10.0 Server instance and a 10.1 Server instance on our intranet with the same result. The xml I'm using in the layers section is just:
        <operationallayers>
      <layer label="Conservation Projects (sensitive)" type="tiled" visible="true" alpha="0.7"
       url="https://maps.tnc.org/ecadpubprodanon/rest/services/TNC_internal/conservation_projects_auth_WM/MapServer">
    <sublayer id="0" popupconfig="popups/ConservationProjects.xml"/>
    <sublayer id="1" popupconfig="popups/ConservationProjects.xml"/>
   </layer>
        </operationallayers>

Can anyone let me know what I'm going wrong? Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
GISDev1
Occasional Contributor III
We need more details on your ArcGIS Server Security settings. Are you using active directory or built-in or what?
0 Kudos
JonFisher
New Contributor III
Sorry about that, I am using active directory.
0 Kudos