eSearch 3.0 SimpleFillSymbol Outline Problems

02-28-2013 12:14 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: alattin

Hello,

I am having trouble with the simplefillsymbol outline in the eSearch widget. For project purposes I have set the alpha level to zero on the simplefillsymbol so that I could have no fill, but just the outline. However, when running a search the selected feature appears to be mixed with black or a drop-shadow. For blank testing I have used a simple white outline, but it returns gray on the selected item when the outline should just be white. The alpha level on the outline is set at 1.0. Heck, I even disabled all layers being loaded and just ran the eSearch. Still the same result. Also I've set symbology on each layer and the same thing happens. On top of all that I've even reinstalled the eSearch widget just in case. I am at a loss on this situation and any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron
0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rscheitlin

Aaron,

In your app hold down the Alt key and click on the eSearch widgets title and tell me what version you are using.

Are you talking about the icon in the results list of the widget or on the map?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Robert,

The version is 3.0.17. The problem in question is on the map. For example, if I use the search to locate a parcel, the highlighted parcel's outline on the map produces a dark outline around the parcel. Again, this outline appears to be mixing with very dark color or has a drop shadow set to give the darker appearance. The intended purpose is to have a white outline on the map, but it returns gray. If bright green is used then the result is a forest green and so forth. If a screen-shot is needed I can submit one.

Aaron
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Aaron,

Yes please provide a screenshot as so far I have not seen this.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Robert,

I've attached a screenshot on an example. Hopefully, this will help explain what's going on.

Edit: This morning I've tested this issue against the most recent ArcGIS Flex Viewer Template 3.0 and eSearch 3.0.17. I received the same thing. However, using a Flex Viewer Template in 3.1 and the eSearch widget for 3.1 no problem exists.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Aaron,

You have something screwy going on in your viewer... Maybe a change in the code you made some where.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22313[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Robert,

I do not believe this is an issue where I have changed code. I will admit this issue does not exist in 3.1. However, it seems to only exist in 3.0. To prove that it was not my code, I re-downloaded the most recent source code for the 3.0 Flex Viewer and re-downloaded the latest source code for the 3.0 eSearch widget. I kept everything completely stock, except for adding a parcel search to the eSearch xml. Ran the project and the same result. This time I used a yellow outline, but instead I receive a very dark-yellow. I have included a screen-shot of the results using the stock viewer using different colors (Yellow then White).

Only added bit to the eSearch:
[HTML]<layer>
<enableexport>true</enableexport>
<enableprintgrid title="Selected Parcels">true</enableprintgrid>
<name>Parcels</name>
<url>http://alexandria/ArcGIS/rest/services/AssessorNewBasemap/MapServer/23</url>
  <expressions>
   <expression alias="Parcels" isvaluerequired="false">
   <values>
        <value prompt="Search Parcels:" isvaluerequired="false">PARCELID = '[value]'</value>
   </values>
   </expression>
  </expressions>
<spatialsearchlayer>true</spatialsearchlayer>
<graphicalsearchlabel>Use one of the graphical search tools.</graphicalsearchlabel>
<titlefield>PARCELID</titlefield>
<fields all="false">
  <field name="PARCELID" alias="PARCEL ID" gridfield="true"></field>
  <field name="S_T_R" alias="S_T_R" gridfield="true"></field>
  <field name="ACRE_AREA" alias="Acres Area" gridfield="true"></field>
  <field name="TYPE" alias="TYPE" gridfield="true"></field>
  <field name="SCHL_CODE" alias="School Code" gridfield="true"></field>
  <field name="ASSESS_VAL" alias="Assessment Value" gridfield="true"></field>
  <field name="IMP_VAL" alias="IMP_VAL" gridfield="true"></field>
  <field name="LAND_VAL" alias="Land Value" gridfield="true"></field>
  <field name="GIS_EST_ACREAGE" alias="GIS Estimate Acresage" gridfield="true"></field>
</fields>
<links>
</links>
</layer>[/HTML]

Then Changed at the end of the .xml:
[HTML]<symbols>
   <simplefillsymbol color="0xFFFFFF" alpha="0.0">
         <outline color="0xFFFFFF" alpha="1.0" width="3" />
   </simplefillsymbol>
   <!-- You can have one or the other, either simplemarkersymbol or picturemarkersymbol
defined for your point results NOT BOTH. picturemarkersymbol will override
simplemarkersymbol if you do not have it commented out. -->
   <!-- <simplemarkersymbol style="square" size="12" color="0xff0000" alpha="0.5"
           xoffset="0" yoffset="0" angle="0"> <outline style="solid" color="0x000000"
           alpha="1" width="1"/>
        </simplemarkersymbol> -->
    <picturemarkersymbol url="assets/images/i_search.png" height="30"
                                  width="30" xoffset="0" yoffset="0" />
    <simplelinesymbol color="0xFFFFFF" alpha="0.8" width="2" />
</symbols>[/HTML]

Note: Even setting the symbology for each layer will not fix this color issue.

I really appreciate all the help. One could say just update to 3.1, but I have so much custom code in my project that it would take a lot of time to transfer.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Aaron,

I found the issue was that when I released 3.0.17 I took the 3.1 version of the widget and downgraded 3.1 elements and forgot about the feature glow that had to be removed in a different way in 3.0. Any way this will not likely happen again but I fixed the 3.0.17 version and have release 3.0.17f. You can download again fro the 3.0 like to get the fixed version.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Robert,

Thank you so much. I tried for awhile debugging the code myself to solve the issue, but I didn't even think about feature glow. Again, thanks for all the help.

Aaron
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Aaron,

Glad I could help.

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check on this post and to click the top arrow (promote).
Follow these steps as shown in the below graphic:

0 Kudos