eSearch Print datagrid function

Jump to solution
12-26-2012 07:07 AM
JasonNielsen
Occasional Contributor
Thank you Robert for giving up the ability to print the datagrids, it is a fantastic feature to have in the esearch.

I was wondering if anybody has attempted to switch the printing of the datagrids to landscape instead of portrait? i have a few fields (about 10 attributes) returning and i would like to get them all on one line on the same page. If i switch it to landscape that would fix my issue. I've tried shrinking the text but it doesnt quite fit still. I know it has to be in the PrintUtil.as file just wanted some pointers if anybody had tried it yet.

I'm using esearch widget version # 3.1.1.

thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jason,

I have done volumes of testing with printing landscape and it works great.  But the setting of landscape is not done in the code it is handled by the print engine. All you have to do is when the print dialog appears go into the preferences for the chosen print and choose landscape.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Jason:

Are you printing the datagrid by itself?  Or are you able to print the datagrid along with the map?
0 Kudos
JasonNielsen
Occasional Contributor
Jason:

Are you printing the datagrid by itself?  Or are you able to print the datagrid along with the map?

I am just printing the datagrid itself. The esearch widget you can set it up to print your search results and you can also setup the relates so you can print the related attributes as well. I would like to get both, search results datagrid and the related datagrid to both be landscaped by default.

You could probably reference the MAP_ONLY in the print widget and maybe append or merge that to the search widgets printing of the datagrid or vice versa. but they would be on separate pages. Never attempted that yet.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jason,

I have done volumes of testing with printing landscape and it works great.  But the setting of landscape is not done in the code it is handled by the print engine. All you have to do is when the print dialog appears go into the preferences for the chosen print and choose landscape.
0 Kudos
JasonNielsen
Occasional Contributor
Jason,

Well that sounds like a easy fix. Thank you for your input on my question.
0 Kudos