eSearch Question

02-07-2013 08:39 AM
MattPohl
Occasional Contributor II
Robert-

Forgive me if this can be found in the documentation; I search but found nothing regarding it. Prior to versions 3.1.x if i included "All" at the beginning of a userlist the drop-down would auto-populate with "All" when the widget was launched. In the 3.1.x version no matter what I do I can not get the drop-down to auto-populate with any list item. Does this functionality still exist? I have attached a couple of screen shoots showing what I am talking about. Thanks for any help.

Matt
0 Kudos
17 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Matt,

It use to function that way because I always set the selected index of the dropdown to the first item in the list. I no longer do this if the is value required is set to true.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: teamworksintl

Robert,

So are you saying that if the isvaluerequired is set to "false" that it should auto-populate?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Matt,

Yes with the first value in the list.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Robert,

I have isvaluerequired is set to "false" on all values but still getting an un-populated drop-down. Partial code attached.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Matt,

I will have to look into that.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Robert... your help is always appreciated

Matt
0 Kudos
MattShetzer
New Contributor
Robert,
I am seeing something similar with the latest version of the esearch widget, and hopefully this will help.

When I use this code, the auto populating field works just fine.

<value prompt="Lease ID: [Ex: 2]"  isvaluerequired = "false"   operator="AND">LEASEID = [value]</value>

<value prompt="Lease Status: [ Auto Populate ]"   isvaluerequired = "false"  uniquevalsfromfield="LeaseStatu"  operator="AND">LeaseStatu = '[value]'</value>

When I just use this, the field does not populate at all.
<value prompt="Lease Status: [ Auto Populate ]"   isvaluerequired = "false"  uniquevalsfromfield="LeaseStatu"  operator="AND">LeaseStatu = '[value]'</value>

Or when I stack two auto-populated together, the second auto-populated field (in this example, Landman) does not populate.

<value prompt="Well Name (Wildcards)"  isvaluerequired = "false"   operator="AND">upper(F_NAME) LIKE upper('%[value]%')</value>      
<value prompt="API:"  isvaluerequired="false"  operator="AND">API = '[value]'</value>  
<value prompt="Status [ Auto Populate ]" isvaluerequired="false" uniquevalsfromfield="WellStatus"  operator="AND">WellStatus = '[value]'</value>
<value prompt="Landman: [ Auto Populate ]" isvaluerequired="false" uniquevalsfromfield="Landman" operator="AND">Landman = '[value]'</value>

Please let me know if I'm just doing something incorrect, or if you need any more clarification.

Thanks for such a GREAT Widget.
Matt Shetzer
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rscheitlin

Matt,

Are you saying

When I just use this, the field does not populate at all.
<value prompt="Lease Status: [ Auto Populate ]"   isvaluerequired =  "false"  uniquevalsfromfield="LeaseStatu"  operator="AND">LeaseStatu =  '[value]'</value>

You have no other value tags in this expression? If you do not then you should not be using the operator="AND"

By latest you mean 3.1.10 right?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Matt,

In Version 3.1.9 it was reverted back to the way it was prior to 3.1.7. Meaning if the isvaluerequired attribute is set to true than the first item in the list will be selected automatically. If the isvaluerequired is set to false a blank value will always be added to the list and selected automatically.
0 Kudos