esearch widget(v3.0.9) error 1009 - FV 3.0

Jump to solution
10-17-2012 11:34 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: tonysturgill

If you use the select by rectangle graphical search tool on a point coverage where the points are on top of each other I get an 1009 error.    If the points are close together the number of selected features are returned just fine.    The records are return and displayed in the both the fixed results window and the search window but the 1009 error shows in the enhanced search window where the ???features selected:???  is displayed.   The esearch widget (v2.4.0.13) works fine with ArcGIS Server 10.0.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rscheitlin

Tony,

Ahh.... Found it. I was selecting more than one stack. The issue is in the zoom to all results code. For an immediate quick fix change this in the eSearchWidget.xml

<autozoomtoresults>false</autozoomtoresults>

I will get a patched version out soon.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tony,

Are you saying that the points are stacked (i.e. have the same exact coordinates)?
0 Kudos
TonySturgill
New Contributor II
Yes the points are stacked on top of each other.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tony,

OK, I will have to find time to setup a test environment that allows me to test your specific senario. It might help if you can find the time to export out some or all of your data to a file geodatabase and zip it and attach that, so I can test with your exact data.
0 Kudos
TonySturgill
New Contributor II
Here are just a few of the points.  
The tool works fine on Server 10.0 and esearch v 2.4.0.13.
Here is a link to the website where the tool works:

http://gis.gapsky.org/watersample/

I would send you a link to the Server 10.1 test website but it is not available to the public.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tony,

OK using your data published to an ArcGIS Server 10.1 and the eSearchWidget.xml you provided and eSearch Widget 3.0.11 (not 3.0.9, would have taken me time to dig up the older version), and using the select by extent tool it worked with out error... So I would begin by getting the latest version of the eSearch Widget and also ensure that your geometry service is started on your 10.1 server.
0 Kudos
TonySturgill
New Contributor II
Ok I don't know what I am doing wrong but I downloaded and installed the new version and still get the same error.   Did you draw the rectangle around just one stack of points?    If you draw the rectangle around two or more stacks of points the app works fine.

Thanks so much for your help and time!!
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tony,

Ahh.... Found it. I was selecting more than one stack. The issue is in the zoom to all results code. For an immediate quick fix change this in the eSearchWidget.xml

<autozoomtoresults>false</autozoomtoresults>

I will get a patched version out soon.
0 Kudos
TonySturgill
New Contributor II
Awesome!   That fixed it!
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tony,

The new version with this fixed is now available, so you can change back to autozoomtoresults true after upgrading:

Version 3.0.12 - 10/19/2012
* Fixed bug with busy cursor not going away when unique values are retrieved for a layer that is not
  yet loaded.
* Added all option to the unique values list.
* Searching for "null" from the unique values now works.
* Zoom to all now works ever when you are selecting a stack of points with the same coordinates.
0 Kudos