Flex Application Builder

01-04-2012 10:59 AM
JamesArmstrong
New Contributor III
Been working with the new Flex Application Builder for the last few days. It is a nice authoring tool with which to get started. I am having a bit of an issue though, that appears to be related to the cross domain issue. I have set up the Application Builder on my local desktop and quickly access the base map from the BaseMap Gallery. (Pretty slick). I access an operational layer from the sde service through an ArcServer instance, also on the local network. I clearly see the service, layers and attributes of the opertional layer. After setting up a search widget, the map is ready to be previewed. The only thing is that while the basemap is visible, the operational layer is not. The error comes back as a Fault Code:Channel.Security.Error. I have researched the issue and it seems that everything point to adding the crossdomain.xml to the local ArcServer instance. Though I did this, it did not clear the issue. This is a simple fix I am sure, but for some reason has me stumped.

Any suggestions or thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.

James Armsrtrong
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
James,

Change the url in the address bar from localhost to your actual machine name, and see if that helps.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Richmondgis

Thanks for the reply Robert, but that still did not seem to work.  I continue to get the dame error. 

the data is visable through the OTB .net application, so I know the ArcSoc user is access the data properly.  I put the crossdomain sample in the wwwroot directory of my ArcServer(10).  The data is being access because I can see it as a layer and can see that attributes when I set up a query task.  With that said, this still seem like a permissions issue.  I am just not sure where the block may actually be located.

James
0 Kudos