Flex Edit Widgets

10-15-2012 09:49 AM
HollyZhang1
New Contributor III
I installed ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.0. The operational layers were from our ArcGIS Server. But the Edit widget shows "No editable layers". What should I do to make editable layers available?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
I installed ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.0. The operational layers were from our ArcGIS Server. But the Edit widget shows "No editable layers". What should I do to make editable layers available?

If there are editable feature layers, or map services that have a matching feature service, then they should automatically display.  What does the <basemaps> and <operationallayers> tags look like in your config.xml?
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Are you layers coming from SDE?  It is my understanding that the edit widget requres a featureservice from an SDE dataset and not a standard FGDB or shapefile.

R_
0 Kudos
HollyZhang1
New Contributor III
Thank you all. I got the answer: Because the operation layers are not from SDE dataset, they are not editable.
0 Kudos
PeterMacKenzie1
New Contributor II
Is there a way to store your data in SQL Server 2012 and therefore use the edit widget without the need for SDE? Has anybody had ssuccess doing this?
:confused:
0 Kudos