Flex Map needs constant refreshing

10-18-2013 06:57 AM
GeorgeKatsambas
Occasional Contributor III
Since upgrading to flex Application Builder 3.5 I am constantly needing to refresh my browser to get my flex map to respond and my widgets to work. When i hover my mouse over the widgets I just get an empty text box, my services are all loading however.
After refreshing my browser 3-4 times everything works. Does anyone know if this is a bug?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
GeorgeHaskett
Cannot say I have heard of that one before.
I do know that when I am updating my xml files that I tend to use the CCleaner software to flush everything.  Not that it is your solution, but you may want to clean everything up and give it another try.

Also, how many instances have you opted for on your server?  At one point I didn't have enough so things were acting funny, the services in question were not loading if they had already reached their max.
0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas
Thanks George, tried changing instances on server, it did not help. CC cleaner is not an option unfortuneately as server is not under my control. My services load fine, but widgets dont respond or the map zoom until refresh applied numerous times.
0 Kudos
GeorgeHaskett
Sorry, I'm at a loss on that one.  Have you tried rebuilding it to test it out one component at a time?
Its a pain, but I had to do that recently to identify that a certain widget didn't like me pulling in the Imagery w/ Labels basemap individually and without having the ESRI basemap portal checked.

Initially the designer of the widget was unaware of the conflict and as to why they don't play well together.  So far there was no solution so I had to remove the Imagery w/ Labels basemap and opt for just the Imagery.  I don't like having an excessive amount of basemap options.

Point being, sometimes you have to rebuild the app, one component at a time and test it to find the potential bug that is not known to the designers.  Good luck.
0 Kudos
Drew
by
Some additional things to help debug the issue.....

• Publish the application to a different location in case there is a cache issue

• Try it in a different browser

• Update your version of Flash

• Try it on a different computer

Drew
0 Kudos
Arthurgov
New Contributor
Hello,

I was having this problem today in Firefox after upgrading to 3.5. Did anyone find a solution?

Thanks,
Arthur
0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas
I opened a support ticket with Esri support and I'm still waiting on a response
0 Kudos
Arthurgov
New Contributor
I opened a support ticket with Esri support and I'm still waiting on a response

Great, thanks.

It's usually the third refresh that gets everything to show correctly. The flash player version is 11.9.900.117 in both Firefox and IE and the issue exists with both after clearing the cache. When I go back to 3.4 this problem doesn't occur. I look forward to hearing what they say.

I did notice in IE that I now get an extra scroll bar on the right side and bottom of the browser window in both 3.4 and 3.5 even with a 21" monitor. I usually stay away from IE though.
0 Kudos
PatrickMullen1
New Contributor III
After recently upgrading to 3.5, I came across this problem. The culprit seems to be the newest version of flash player 11.9.900.117. After uninstalling that version and installing 11.7 for Firefox and IE, the problem seems to have disappeared. The flash player in Chrome has the same issue but not at the same rate of failure. Clearing the cache always seems to correct.

Hopefully, this helps or at least bumps it up so that others can chime in.

Patrick
0 Kudos
Arthurgov
New Contributor
After recently upgrading to 3.5, I came across this problem. The culprit seems to be the newest version of flash player 11.9.900.117. After uninstalling that version and installing 11.7 for Firefox and IE, the problem seems to have disappeared. The flash player in Chrome has the same issue but not at the same rate of failure. Clearing the cache always seems to correct.

Hopefully, this helps or at least bumps it up so that others can chime in.

Patrick

Patrick - thank you for this update. I updated all of my browsers to flash player 11.9.900.152 to see if the issue persists in the newest version, and it does. I'm going to try downgrading to 11.7 this afternoon.

Thanks,
Arthur
0 Kudos