Flex Viewer Password

10-03-2013 03:03 PM
MarkChambers1
New Contributor
I am looking for a simple password splash screen.  In order to get past a spash screen you will need to enter a password.  The password would be distributed to users that need to have access to that Flex Viewer app.  Not an user name and password. 

Are there any simple solutions to this?

Thank you,

Mark Chambers
markc@ci.redmond.or.us
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Mark,

the easiest way to do this is to secure the base layer that is first visible in your application, users will then automatically be prompted to log in

You can easily just set up a user and password in ArcGIS Manager, follow the link below on securing your services:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Configuring_ArcGIS_Server_security/0154000...

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
AaronNash1
Occasional Contributor II
I did something like that, did not want to mess with securing the web services, although that is a good practice since your rest end point would be more secure. If you just want to enable password protecting the web application without securing the webservice, then go here, there is some code I posted with simple instructions.
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
I am looking for a simple password splash screen.  ...
Are there any simple solutions to this?

One good solution is to take advantage of the security options in your web server.  The details would depend on if you're using IIS, Apache, etc.

A very basic, simple, but not secure, option would be to just have a javascript prompt on startup check if they know the password. This might suffice for some scenarios.
0 Kudos