FlexViewer map is getting cut off on None Wide screen monitor

03-22-2012 10:57 AM
JustinNettleton
Occasional Contributor
I have created a Flex viewer project using the Flex Builder 2.5.1. The map looks fine on a wide screen monitor, but when I display it on a monitor that isn't wide screen, the right side of the application(widget container and all) gets cut off. I have the navigation tool bar on the right side of my application, so that is getting cut off as well.

Is there a setting somewhere that I can change so my map displays on all different types of resolutions? This will be used in police squad cars and if it doesn't work on their Laptops, the map is pointless.

Thanks,
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Justin,

Have you modified the core Flex Viewer code at all?.. The Flex Viewer out of the box works fine and scales to all screens (barring supper big flat screen panels).
0 Kudos
JustinNettleton
Occasional Contributor
Robert,
Thanks for the response. I have not done anything to the core coding. I don't have any tools like Flash Builder to do so. The only things I have changed is stuff I could do in TextPad or Notepad. Might just be a setting on that PC. I will look a little bit more into that.

On a completely unrelated note. I see you are from Calhoun County, AL. I live in Illinois but my parents live in Jaclsonville AL. They moved down there a couple years ago and love it.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Justin,

I attend college in Jacksonville (hmm.. over 40 and still in college) :confused:
0 Kudos
JustinNettleton
Occasional Contributor
Robert,
Never can have to much knowledge.

I have figured out my problem. It had to do with moving my navigation widget to the right hand side of the map. Moved it back to the left, and everything is shows up the way it is supposed to know.

Just wanted to tell you that Your Flex Parcel lookup maps you guys have are very nice. My mother is a Real Estate Agent down there and she sometimes emailsme with questions on how to use the site.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Justin,

You can move the navigation widget back to the left if you use the left constraint instead of an actual pixel x value.
0 Kudos