FV 3.0 and Login

04-05-2012 03:13 PM
JeffreyUtter
Occasional Contributor
It says for FV 3.0 "Support secure ArcGIS Server where users will automatically be prompted to log in as needed."
Can someone direct me on the How to's to implement this?
Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
It says for FV 3.0 "Support secure ArcGIS Server where users will automatically be prompted to log in as needed."
Can someone direct me on the How to's to implement this?

If you are using the Viewer, there's nothing you have to do (except for using a secure Map Service).

If you are using the API, you need to enable the IdentityManager in your application. 

IdentityManager.instance.enabled = true;

In the Flex Viewer, this is already done (in the main index.mxml).
If you are writing your own application, you have to add it yourself, see for example the "Edit secure service" sample:
http://resourcesbeta.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-api/samples/index.html#/Edit_secure_service/01nq0000007...

API Reference: http://resourcesbeta.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-api/apiref/com/esri/ags/components/IdentityManager.html
0 Kudos
JosephAccardi
New Contributor III
If you are using the Viewer, there's nothing you have to do (except for using a secure Map Service).

I am creating a web application using FV 3.0 and my app contains multiple secured map services. How can I create a log-in so that a user only has to log-in once and does not have to provide a user name and password for every secured service that he/she has permission to?
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
I am creating a web application using FV 3.0 and my app contains multiple secured map services. How can I create a log-in so that a user only has to log-in once and does not have to provide a user name and password for every secured service that he/she has permission to?

As long as the multiple secured map services are on the same secured map server, then it will just work. The credentials from the first service are re-used for the other services.
0 Kudos
PanWang
New Contributor
As long as the multiple secured map services are on the same secured map server, then it will just work. The credentials from the first service are re-used for the other services.

Hi Bjorn,

I tried using multiple secured map services on one map server, but it did not work as you said. The log-in dialog pops up repeatedly for each service on the map server. Here is my original post http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/59106-Flex-Viewer-3.0-Secured-Service-using-IdentityManager. Thanks!
0 Kudos
SimonRoss_User
Occasional Contributor
bjorn;187693 wrote:

If you are using the API, you need to enable the IdentityManager in your application. 

IdentityManager.instance.enabled = true;

In the Flex Viewer, this is already done (in the main index.mxml).

Is there a way to disable the credentials request built into the flex viewer - I can see the references in ViewerContainer.mxml to IdentityManager.instance.enabled = true but cannot seem to turn off the request.  Our current setup (in 2.5) is to place the secure service login credentials within the proxy page - we have a separate ASP forms control to access the application.  I don't then want users to see a second password request.  Is this a straightforward customization?
0 Kudos