Google Street View Widget for the Flexviewer

01-11-2011 02:25 AM
andrewj_ca
Occasional Contributor II
I wanted to get some feedback on my street view widget for the Flexviewer 2.*, Check it out here:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=f069d8a3aa304e29a432b48e5f64ca74
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
82 Replies
JayDira
New Contributor
Hello Andrew,
I am having complications with the compiles version of the streetview widget.

I have downloaded the Streetview widget, copied the Streetview folder from the downloaded compiled folder, then pasted it to my viewers widget folder. I have also update the index.html from my viewer to include the google api code and  the key I got from google.

When I run my viewer the streetviewer icon apprears and also the popup. I click on the graphic and then click on the street (a street where there is google images), but I get no results or no additional popups.

Can you please help identify what may be the issue.
I appreciate your help.
Thanks.

Cynthia,

It was good speaking to you regarding this.   I'm glad you are up and running.
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Dira,

Did you also include this line in the index.html file?

<script type="text/javascript" src="widgets/Streetview/streetview.js"></script>

That little line has all the Javascript functions for allowing Flex to speak with the Streetview API.

Also,

In the index.html file search for the word "theApp" in my file.  This will also need to be in your file for the communication between the flash functions and the javascript functions.  If you havn't done any customization to your html file I suggest overwriting it with what I supplied.  Let me know if this helps, I'm always available to help.
0 Kudos
VenkatM
New Contributor
Dira,

Did you also include this line in the index.html file?

<script type="text/javascript" src="widgets/Streetview/streetview.js"></script>

That little line has all the Javascript functions for allowing Flex to speak with the Streetview API.

Also,

In the index.html file search for the word "theApp" in my file.  This will also need to be in your file for the communication between the flash functions and the javascript functions.  If you havn't done any customization to your html file I suggest overwriting it with what I supplied.  Let me know if this helps, I'm always available to help.

Hello,

I follwed the instructions given in readme.txt file of StreetViewWidget3.zip file to integrate StreetviewWidget in my project with newly created google api key, and that has been updated in index.template.html. Widget invocation is happening but the street view window is not shown up at the bottom.
Any help would be apprecieated.

Thanks in advance

-Venkat
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
I have a suspicion that the casing is wrong.  Check that the Casing on the streetview widget matches.  I will post an update to help this.
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
I updated the casing issue, see if that fixes the problem.
0 Kudos
VenkatM
New Contributor
I updated the casing issue, see if that fixes the problem.

Hi Andrew,

Appreciate for the quick response.
I took the latest source code from the hyperlink just now and copy pasted as is according to the readme.txt instructions and updated with new api key. Still the bottom streetview doesn't shows up.

Regards.

-Venkat.
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Venkat,

Are you using the compiled or uncompiled versions?
0 Kudos
VenkatM
New Contributor
Venkat,

Are you using the compiled or uncompiled versions?

Hi Andrew,

I am using uncompiled version. I haven't tried compiled version yet.

My environment is:

- Jdk 1.6.21.
- FlexBuilder 4. (eclipse 3.5) IDE.
- Flex 4.
- BlazeDS 4 (to get configuration info from database not from xml configuration files for viewer).
- Flexviewer 2.2.
- Weblogic 11g (10.3.4) to deploy viewer as serverside web application.
- ArcGIS 10 (For Mapservices).
- Oracle 10g database (all the xml configurations information to be stored in it).
- Flash player 10.
- everything on top of windows xp.

Regards.

-Venkat.
0 Kudos
VenkatM
New Contributor
Looking like it is not at all invoking the javascript function from the 'StreetviewWidget.as' actionscript class. I placed couple of alert statments in 'loadStreetview' method of javascript file, and when I run the application, this function is not invoking, doesn't shows up any alerts that I have kept.

I am not getting any idea that what I am missing here.

Regards.

-Venkat.
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Did you copy my index.template.html?

requires lines:

<script src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=2.x&key=ABQIAAAAkSuRQhsVGwtKfC10t-cYMhTBpCie6Uzwqy2E6AELFrU6o..." type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="widgets/StreetView/streetview.js"></script>

Check the casing of these lines
0 Kudos