Google® Street View Widget

06-12-2013 08:02 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

All,

Here is the next installment to my long list of widgets. I never really wanted to add to the list of several Street View Widgets, but as it's predecessors have lacked updating when new version of Flex Viewer are released and me wanting to add more features, I finally decided to do one myself.

The Google Street View Widget version 3.3 for Flex Viewer 3.3 allows you to view Google Street View Panoramas in a popup window. The widget use Google Maps API Version 3 and has almost all the API options for the Street View Panorama that are available in the API configurable in the widgets xml. A lot of attention has gone into the UI (User Inferface) and UX (User Experience) of this widget and a lot of cross browser testing has been done. Tested on Safari for windows 5.1.7, Internet Explorer 9, Opera 12.15, FireFox 21.0, and Chrome 27.0.1453.110 m.

Configurable features include:

* hidestreetviewvwidowwhenminimized - This is a true or false value and determines if the graphic on the map and the Google Street View window are hidden when the widget is minimized.
    * width - The width of the popup widow that is opened.
    * height - The height of the popup widow that is opened.
    * apikey - The Google Maps API Key that you must obtain to use this widget.
      https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial#api_key
    * addresscontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View Address Control is visible.
      It has an attribute of controlposition that defines where in the popup window the control is placed.
    * clicktogo - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View will move to the location clicked.
    * disabledoubleclickzoom - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View will zoom into the
      location on the panorama where the user double clicks.
    * imagedatecontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View will display the date of the
      panorama image was taken along the bottom of the window with the copyright info.
    * linkscontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View will display the movement arrows
      and street names on the panorama for navigation purposes.
    * pancontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View pan Control is visible.
      It has an attribute of controlposition that defines where in the popup window the control is placed.
    * zoomcontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View zoom Control is visible.
      It has an attribute of controlposition that defines where in the popup window the control is placed and a
      controlstyle attribute that determines the size of the control.

* All text that the widget uses is configurable in the xml to allow for internationalization of the widget.

So here it is: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b4259b1cf73e4fa3b04e7bdf75fee29b

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
153 Replies
NicholasBarger
Occasional Contributor III
Hello,

Were you ever able to find any answers to this question.  I have the same problem.  The image displays in the new window and has full functionality for a couple seconds then displays the error message that you have attached in the original post.

Thanks,

Nick

I have found the solution to this problem.  It appears that in addition to turning on the Google Street View API you also need to turn on the Google Maps API v3.  Once I did this I stopped getting the error message.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Nick,

Hmm... This is from the ReadMe.txt

README FIRST

The Google Street View Widget version 3.3 for Flex Viewer 3.3 allows you to view Google Street View Panoramas in a popup window.
The widget use Google Maps API Version 3 and has almost all the API options for the Street View Panorama that are available in the
API configurable in the widgets xml.

Is there a better way that I can convey this, or a different place I should specify it?
0 Kudos
RichardHudson
New Contributor III
Robert - My users love this application. It's worked perfectly until Monday of this week, when we started, instead, getting the Message from Webpage: Unable to get property 'closed' of undefined or null reference.

I tried obtaining a new API key, but that did not resolve.

Do you have some insight you could share on this particular error?

Thank you for your generosity of all the Flex Widgets.

Rick Hudson
Mobile Co Engineering Dept.

ArcGIS 10.2 - Advanced License
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Richard,

Did you install the google toolbar or some other toolbar with a popup blocker recently? Do you get the streetview popup window anymore?
0 Kudos
RichardHudson
New Contributor III
Thank you very much, Robert - disabling or unchecking the pop-up blocker in the Google Toolbar completely resolved my and others' issue.

Thank you for such a quick reply/solution.

Rick
SebastianRoberts
Hi,  I am using the 3.3 version of the viewer and widget.  It works fine in IE, but with Firefox I get the error "ginitialize:window.opener.flexApp is undefined", and in Chrome when I run the development version from Flash buidler I get "initialize: URI malformed", then if I run the compiled version I get "ginitialize:  Cannot call method 'windowReady' of undefined".  I know this is not much to go on, but just wondering if others have had trouble with Chrome and Firefox.  First time that something has worked in IE but not in other browsers!
Thanks,
Sebastian Roberts
0 Kudos
SebastianRoberts
Well I found a bit more of a clue for the error I am getting. In firefox when debugging the popup street view image window, when I first open the widget, the console reports that "google is not defined" from line 106 of the StreetView.html javascript.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sebastian,

Do you have the Google toolbar installed and is it blocking the popups?
0 Kudos
SebastianRoberts
Robert,
  Thanks for your reply.  No I don't have Google Toolbar installed in any of my browsers, and I made sure to disable popup blocking for my domain. 
Sebastian
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sebastian,

What about any other popup blocking tool bar? Have you enabled popups in your browsers settings?
0 Kudos